Can you bring wine or champagne on board Carnival Spirit from Sydney

verne1956

Just wondering can you bring any alcohol like a bottle of wine or champagne on board departure day on Carnival Spirit departing Sydney Australia. I have been on P&O and Royal Caribbean and they allow 12 cans soft drink(P&O) and a bottle of champagne or wine(RCL) but its just for use in room on first day etc.

I am aware you cannot bring on alcohol for the rest of cruise but just would like to know if there is any allowance at all. Would like to share with husband as it will be cruise to celebrate birthday on first night.

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Did you get this from the US Carnival site or Carnival.au site? Some of the rules are different.

Verne1956,

I would check on the Australia/New Zealand thread, and ask there.

Thanks for the heads up your right in Australia we can only bring on 12 soft drink no alcohol. It is disappointing as they do not have an alcohol package either on Australian based ships. This seems to discriminate to me that on all their other ships you can get packages and take on a couple of bottles in the beginning but nothing from downunder.

As far as I know pretty much all of the other ships who sail in Aussie waters offer packages Carnival does need to get it together even if they put a daily limit if they are worried about abuse.