Christmas Cruise

We cruised Oasis over Christmas -

There was carols on Christmas Eve. Santa arrived Christmas morning with presents for the kids. Ship decorated beautifully. Turkey dinner in MDR Christmas Day. It was lovely but to be honest I had expected much more magical and Christmas themed activities than what was reality - think it as they are catering to many passengers who don't celebrate Christmas also so it's not OTT.

None the less it was definitely a fabulous way to spend Christmas

I expect crowds. The only reason we are doing this cruise was because of conflicting schedules. Originally we were planning a beaches vacation, but my husband's schedule wouldn't allow him leave until closer to Christmas this year and they were booked. I prefer to take trips during the off season. I will be joining all the other families this year. 2 kids, that will be 9 and almost 11. We opted for a vacation instead of a big Christmas at home.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

You are going to pay for those decorations which RCCL and others pay outside contractors to provide and IME they can be pretty extensive and transformative. Sure, there will be children and I wouldn't be surprised if the sailing is sold out. These have been happening for decades: higher-priced and over-subscribed holiday sailings. Enjoy it.

We have done a couple cruises over Christmas and loved it. Only thing that stops us going again is the price

Tons of decorations, on Christmas Day they have a traditional Christmas dinner on the menu, we had carols on Christmas night from the staff and the guests were given sheets of music so we could all sing along. I took a small Christmas tree and decorated it in our cabin with lights and bulbs, put a Christmas cling on the outside cabin door, etc. I love Christmas and we had so much fun on both the cruises we took over Christmas and would not hesitate to do it again, depending on the price.

Every child under 17 got a gift, Santa was there. We loved every minute of it. Christmas is for children, so all the kids did not bother us a bit

Would love to do another one, and keep watching prices to see if we can hop on one when Christmas is on the weekend.