Transport

mufc99

We will be in port on Tues April 4th, and we believe there will be 6 Ships there that day!!

Will we be ok getting a taxi to Maho with that many in port?

And back again!

Also, does anybody have a link to the flight schedules that day?

The only ones we can find are for the next 24 hours.

I checked a couple of the big guys, and KLM/Air France has two flights scheduled for the afternoon of April 4th, an A330 scheduled for 3:25 (pretty late for a cruiser) and an A340 scheduled for 1:45.

These flights from Europe sometimes arrive as much as an hour early.

gary

Yes, the bigger aircraft usually arrive and depart after lunch. The port is always busy, so the taxi drivers are well used to handling the volume. There are large people carrier vans that take 10+ people, so jump in with some others going to Maho $8 one way. The traffic can be really bad going back though, so leave the beach at least once hour before your back onboard time. It's really easy to find space in one of the millions of vans going back (another $8).

It's an unmissable day! For more info check out my crew member blog http://www.downtokokomo.wordpress.com

Have a great trip and don't miss the ship!!!

We just did a taxi for $16.00 pp round trip....you get an orange wristband...very easy.

Please give a full review of how this worked for you. There has been press coverage and a lot of concern about how this is working and who is making the money from it (i.e., are the cruise lines getting a cut from selling this).

Ashland,

Did you book this at the Cruise Facility, or onboard?

Did you notice if they still offered one-way transport?

Thanks,

gary

We just walked to the public taxi stand area opposite the water taxi. Very organized (everyone in orange shirts) with taxi's going to different locations. They suggested the roundtrip as the price would be the same regardless (I did ask)...they put orange wristbands on us....we were a party of 7 and they added 2 additional people. Getting back from Maho was easy they saw our wrist bands and directed us to a taxi...we opted to be let off in town or you could be taken back to the taxi stand. We had to give our wrist bands to the driver when we exited.

Please give a full review of how this worked for you. There has been press coverage and a lot of concern about how this is working and who is making the money from it (i.e., are the cruise lines getting a cut from selling this).

Our taxi transportation didn't have anything to do with the cruise lines.

We just walked to the public taxi stand area opposite the water taxi. Very organized (everyone in orange shirts) with taxi's going to different locations. They suggested the roundtrip as the price would be the same regardless (I did ask)...they put orange wristbands on us....we were a party of 7 and they added 2 additional people. Getting back from Maho was easy they saw our wrist bands and directed us to a taxi...we opted to be let off in town or you could be taken back to the taxi stand. We had to give our wrist bands to the driver when we exited.

If it was the same price what was the advantage in paying in advance? I would have expected a discount.

If it was the same price what was the advantage in paying in advance? I would have expected a discount.

For our group of 7 it was easier to opt and get the wristband and pay the roundtrip. "One And Done"...maybe not how you might choose to do it. No one bargained or got a discount on the taxi's from what I noticed waiting at the taxi stand at the cruise port area (fixed rates)....

When we were ready to go back their were many waiting to get taxi's from Maho (it was packed) and they definitely served those with wristband on quickly...if not first...just our personal experience last Wednesday ;)