Where can someone pick us up at Black Falcon/Boston

warmwinds

Stopping in Boston on a cruise, will be spending the day with a local friend. I'm sure she won't be able to get past any security points, so where would be a good place to meet? She'll have a car, we'll be walking off the ship.

Thanks for any help.

You'll be there on a Tuesday? Do you both have cell phones? What time were you thinking of meeting?

It's a port of call stop for you, so it should be a lot quieter than a turn around day, but it could be busy before 9 am. There are definitely places for her to pull over and just wait, but it's hard to predict exactly where that might be. Black Falcon Ave is one way. She would come down Dry Dock Ave to the end and make a right onto Black Falcon Ave which makes an almost immediate right again to run down the side of the terminal. She should try to pull over in that area at the end of terminal and contact you. At that point you can exit the ship and cross Black Falcon Ave so you're waiting on the right side of the street and she can just drive down from the corner to pick you up.

Take a look at Google maps satellite view and you will see what I'm talking about.

I didn't realize she could get so close to the ship. So there's no security gate where everyone shows ID like at Port Everglades, Cape Liberty, etc.?

That will be perfect if she can just come right down Drydock and turn onto Black Falcon Ave.

Yes, it's a Tuesday (how did you know that?), yes we both have cell phones and we're both very punctual. It will be around 2 pm on the 4th of July (we're overnighting in Boston and will spend the night with her).

Thanks!

Easy as that. No security to get into the street on the other side of the building from the ship. You're close to a warehouse type building, that's all.

Impossible to get to the road between the ship and the building, though. That would be highly secured.

Our extended family was actually on Black Falcon Ave last 4th of July! We went in town for an overnight at the Westin Waterfront (killer Hotwire deal) and drove down to take a look at the Queen Mary. It was totally deserted except for the trolleys and buses lined up for the not yet disembarked passengers. Your friend should have no problem.

Stopping in Boston on a cruise, will be spending the day with a local friend. I'm sure she won't be able to get past any security points, so where would be a good place to meet? She'll have a car, we'll be walking off the ship.

Thanks for any help.

I hae dcriven to Black Falcon nany times when I was visiting on a ship docked for the day. NO prrobvvlem entering the paerking garage which is ddcirectly acxross from th etminal where guests enter and exist the ship. Friends havce dropped us off in their private cars when w were sailoin aand no one ever check ed our documednts to verify we were dailing. Tell them to just enter. They should not have any issue. Use your phones, if necessary to connect with each other,