NCL Jade-Europe questions

TNCruzer56

I think that the Southampton, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway an Germany itinerary is new for the Jade or I can`t find any reviews. Has anybody done this route and offer any advice or tidbits?

-

How did the refurb go?

-

Weather in that area in early September.

-

Anything will be welcome. Thanks in advance!!!

You are correct that the itinerary is new. Some of the ports are ones that no NCL ships have visited regularly in recent years. Specifically Southampton, Netherlands and Hamburg.

I'm not sure what Danish port the Jade is visiting. Copenhagen is part of the Baltic itinerary that the Getaway is doing.

For reviews of the Norwegian ports, look at reviews of the Star in recent years, as that was the ship doing those itineraries in previous years.

I'm not sure what your exact itinerary is, as there are lots of different ones planned for the Summer.

The refurb is happening right now.

The weather in Northern Europe in early September can vary a lot. It can be quite wet, and sumner can disappear very quickly or sometimes linger on through the month. You can have some really nice weather in the UK, Germany etc in September, but I imagine that it can be starting to get quite cold in Norway. Take layers.

Hello, I will be on the Norwegian Jade 10 day Norway Fjord cruise on July 30th. Basically I just went to tripadvisor and found tons of info on each port. Many other cruise lines already visit these ports so there are companies set up for visitors and guests :). Hope this helps.

I think that the Southampton, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway an Germany itinerary is new for the Jade or I can`t find any reviews. Has anybody done this route and offer any advice or tidbits?

-

How did the refurb go?

-

Weather in that area in early September.

-

Anything will be welcome. Thanks in advance!!!

Sounds like a great cruise. We were on the Star Sept/Oct 2015 and our cruise started in Copenhagen, loved it, and then proceeded to Rotterdam NL. We didn't visit Norway or Germany but visited the UK and Ireland.

As far as Rotterdam goes, there are excursions which will be offered, private ones as well and you'll get to see a lot of interesting things. We decided to walk over to visit the Rotterdam, the original HAL ship which is now a hotel. The do offer tours and you just walk up and purchase tickets, very pleasant.

TIP: be on deck when the ship is going to dock in Rotterdam because the maneuvering to get to the dock was amazing and I think almost all the pax were on deck to watch the amazing feat. At the time, it was suffering from a slight problem with the Azipods as well but it was still wonderful to watch.

Copenhagen, we arrived a day early so that we could see some of Copenhagen and were able to jump on one of the many boats that do the tours around the harbour and it was great too. I'm quite sure you'll be able to find tours being offered by private tourist operators so just check tripadvisor and read the reviews to make sure it fits what you're looking for.

I'm afraid those are the only 2 ports I can say anything about but hope it helps.

As far as the weather goes, we really lucked out, there were a couple of days of clouds and a bit of rain but the temps were around 65-70F and wonderful for walking around. (we did a lot of that :D )

Hope you enjoy this great sounding cruise. Since the DryDock will be completed by Apr. 3-4th, you'll have ample time to read reviews and hopefully see some pics of the upgrades. There should be a few pax doing reviews and so you'll have a good idea what to expect.