Teen Soda "bar" on the Equinox

pirategirl007

Will my teens need the beverage package to belly up to the soda bar or can they pay by the drink? Is pricing same as sodas elsewhere on the ship? Anyone have any teens that have been in the club much, is this an option that is used often or one of those things that sounds cool in theory but no one really uses it?

It is really hard to search for anything about the 'bar' without getting every other bar on the ships info! Thanks for your help.

To my knowledge there is no dedicated "Soda Bar." All they would need to do is go up to any bar or stop a server and ask for a soda. they will then ask for their Cabin Card/Room Key and swipe it. If you bought the Soda Package it will be indicated on the card, if not then their card will be swiped and the soda charged to the room. You will finalize all room charges at the end of your sailing. That's the way it worked when we sailed with our grandsons.

To my knowledge there is no dedicated "Soda Bar." All they would need to do is go up to any bar or stop a server and ask for a soda. they will then ask for their Cabin Card/Room Key and swipe it. If you bought the Soda Package it will be indicated on the card, if not then their card will be swiped and the soda charged to the room. You will finalize all room charges at the end of your sailing. That's the way it worked when we sailed with our grandsons.

Thanks for your help but I'm talking about but I'm talking about the soda bar located in the X Clubs, I've found one picture of it but no one talks about it.

Thanks for your help but I'm talking about but I'm talking about the soda bar located in the X Clubs, I've found one picture of it but no one talks about it.

Interesting - I think I see the picture you're referring to on the website.

I suppose it never helps to call Celebrity up and ask what the arrangements in the X-Club are, it might vary from ship to ship. Funny that they don't go into much detail about it in the ONE place people are going to be looking!

it might vary from ship to ship.

Yeah, true that. DS's first cruise using the X-Club was this past holiday on the Reflection and I just asked him, he said there was no soda bar in the club. He didn't seem too broken up about it though.

The only mention I could find on it, was that its listed as being on the Equinox/Solstice, no word on how they buy...:

The forward area, including the basketball court on Deck 15, is ground zero for kids aboard Solstice. The court is sandwiched between the two dedicated kids' areas: X-Club (for kids ages 12 to 17) on the port side and Fun Factory (for 3- to 11-year-olds) on the starboard side. The rooms are of about equal dimensions and are stocked to the rafters with age-appropriate gear. The teen area also features a soft drink "bar" with a popcorn machine. Clustered with the kids' clubs is the video arcade. In addition to that room's complement of arcade games, kids also have access to video game consoles and foosball and air hockey tables. Xbox Kinect tournaments take place in the Quasar nightclub on an almost daily basis, as well as frequent organized activities like basketball tournaments and Ping-Pong championships.

https://cruise.cruisepilot.com.au/cruises/shipinfo.jsp?cobrand=36524&pid=35268&langrecno=1&recno=578

Not much help, I know....

According to my boys, there isn't a bar that is used in the teen X club. Apparently, there is an area at the end but it is not used. Furthermore, they have always been asked not to bring drinks into the club (they are asked to finish them prior to entering) :).

I can't imagine Celebrity not charging for soft drinks. So whether there is a soda bar or not, they will be charged. The Premium non-alcoholic drink package may make sense for teens. There are a number of frozen non-alcoholic drinks (virgin pina colada, frappes, etc) and smoothies that are included (in addition to juice, bottled water, vitamin water, teas, coffee, and soda)

According to my boys, there isn't a bar that is used in the teen X club. Apparently, there is an area at the end but it is not used. Furthermore, they have always been asked not to bring drinks into the club (they are asked to finish them prior to entering) :).

Perfect information! That answers my question. Thanks your boys for me!