travel agency

bethsanfrancisco

has anyone had trouble transferring their booking over to a travel agent?

i found a travel agent who could get me a better deal (she would pay me some of her commission) and oceania is giving us a hard time about transferring my booking

the cruise is over a year away!

i can just cancel and rebook, but geez.

It really does not matter when the sailing is to take place, it is when you made the reservations, which provides for a 30 day window to transfer.

Your best option at this point is to cancel and rebook with your agent of choice....

I would recommend having in mind a 2nd cabin choice just in case yours is snapped up just as it is released, if this is a popular sailing.

bon voyage

It really does not matter when the sailing is to take place, it is when you made the reservations, which provides for a 30 day window to transfer.

Your best option at this point is to cancel and rebook with your agent of choice....

I would recommend having in mind a 2nd cabin choice just in case yours is snapped up just as it is released, if this is a popular sailing.

bon voyage

thanks

I moved a recent reservation to a discounter TA without issues. However, be very aware if what "advantages" you are actually getting with the move. You say she will give up some of her commission? Fine. But what is the price comparison between YOUR price when you booked directly and HER price? Is it lower? Are you getting some On Board Credit as a result? Lots of questions IMO.

If you can find a TA who can get the cruise at a reduced price then I would certainly consider using them. I use a very, VERY well-known discounter at times because I was advised more than 30 years ago that I should "never pay the brochure price." I have sometimes booked cruises directly with the cruise line for a variety of what were, for me, "good" reasons. BUT if you can get a discount then go for it. ASK the TA if a discount is available. Cruise lines discount prices all the time BUT they do NOT discount prices if the itinerary is selling well. Why would they UNLESS doing so will guarantee repeat business (and sometimes it does).

The ship will LEAVE (unless the sailing is cancelled outright) and every cabin not booked means revenue that isn't going to be generated DURING the cruise itself (think of all that alcohol which is SUCH a money-maker and not being sold). Good luck to you.

If you can find a TA who can get the cruise at a reduced price then I would certainly consider using them. I use a very, VERY well-known discounter at times because I was advised more than 30 years ago that I should "never pay the brochure price." I have sometimes booked cruises directly with the cruise line for a variety of what were, for me, "good" reasons. BUT if you can get a discount then go for it. ASK the TA if a discount is available. Cruise lines discount prices all the time BUT they do NOT discount prices if the itinerary is selling well. Why would they UNLESS doing so will guarantee repeat business (and sometimes it does).

The ship will LEAVE (unless the sailing is cancelled outright) and every cabin not booked means revenue that isn't going to be generated DURING the cruise itself (think of all that alcohol which is SUCH a money-maker and not being sold). Good luck to you.

I have booked directly with Oceania and then transferred my booking to my TA. It does have to be done within 30 days. I have also had my TA book the cruise directly. We do get rebates from our TA. If it is beyond the 30 day period and space is available in the cabin category you booked, AND if the price and perks are the same, then that is another option.

If you paid a deposit for the original booking, I think Oceania takes an administrative fee now for cancelling the booking (think it is $225). You should have the TA call Oceania and take care of things. If the TA books with them frequently and is on their system, Oceania should accommodate them.