My Yacht club observation, is it worth it? I say yes.

stealthy

The Meraviglia itinerary is Genoa, Naples, Messina (Sicily), Valletta (Malta), Barcelona, Marseille.

You can embark/disembark at most of these ports - this is the order of ports of call when embarking in Genoa.

Just checking for port planning note comparison. I have some ideas but for other ports, not sure what to squeeze in. My Meraviglia itinerary also starts in Genoa, but hits Marseille, Barcelona (one of my favorite cities- can't wait to show my husband and kids), Cadiz (we've been to Cadiz but much prefer Seville and will head there), Lisbon, Vigo, Le Havre (thinking we will do Normandy over Paris?), Southampton (we plan to meet up with friends in London and head there), as it scoops around to Hamburg. Your itinerary sounds wonderful. Such a great way to see the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Embarkation 19th June from Naples. [emoji16]

Definitely accounts for the difference. Ours is in the Spring. Heading to Italy for 2 weeks this summer so I have Europe in general on the brain! Just got off NCL Getaway/Haven on Sunday.

Just checking for port planning note comparison. I have some ideas but for other ports, not sure what to squeeze in. My Meraviglia itinerary also starts in Genoa, but hits Marseille, Barcelona (one of my favorite cities- can't wait to show my husband and kids), Cadiz (we've been to Cadiz but much prefer Seville and will head there), Lisbon, Vigo, Le Havre (thinking we will do Normandy over Paris?), Southampton (we plan to meet up with friends in London and head there), as it scoops around to Hamburg. Your itinerary sounds wonderful. Such a great way to see the world!

Funny, that, as I'd love to do yours. I've been to most of our ports of call several times already, whereas I've only been to one on your itinerary and that was Cadiz.

I agree totally about it being a great way to see the world. One place I've been to, Vietnam (what a fabulous country) would only have happened by being on a cruise ship. As a very picky eater, the food was the only problem I had there. And that was on 2 port visits!! I would never have seen it, otherwise!

Question, I know that Yacht club members get priority disembarkation at Ports. But do you get priority embarkation to get back on the ship as well? Especially places like Grand Cayman were your tendering and the lines could be a hour long to get back on the ship?

In Grand Cayman we didn't got priority embarkation as YC guest but on the other ports there was a YC Concierge with a sign that scorted us to a private screen area to re enter the ship or to the front of the line and that was AMAZING. I remember a very long line in Cozumel and he took us to the front of the line an very politely he asked for room for us because we were YC members that was neat.

Funny, that, as I'd love to do yours. I've been to most of our ports of call several times already, whereas I've only been to one on your itinerary and that was Cadiz.

I agree totally about it being a great way to see the world. One place I've been to, Vietnam (what a fabulous country) would only have happened by being on a cruise ship. As a very picky eater, the food was the only problem I had there. And that was on 2 port visits!! I would never have seen it, otherwise!

Cadiz=Seville. Cadiz is our actual stop. My parents have a home in Marbella and years ago my husband and I took a little road trip to Cadiz. We stopped quickly and decided we'd prefer to head back up to Seville (spent our honeymoon in Portugal's Algarve and Seville). We love that city. It's about an hour and 30 min drive to a prime parking garage in the heart of the city near the Hotel Doña Maria (our favorite) and la Giralda from Cadiz. Our plan is to rent a car, but there's always the risk of missing the boat so we will need to plan extra time getting back. Close to Port car rental is approx $60 all in. Port time is 9-5, which isn't enough time in my opinion. We have more time in London and Normandy and less time in Lisbon. I've only been to Barcelona and Seville on this itinerary. Vietnam sounds extraordinary.

I heard the YC food is great.

Cadiz=Seville. Cadiz is our actual stop. My parents have a home in Marbella and years ago my husband and I took a little road trip to Cadiz. We stopped quickly and decided we'd prefer to head back up to Seville (spent our honeymoon in Portugal's Algarve and Seville). We love that city. It's about an hour and 30 min drive to a prime parking garage in the heart of the city near the Hotel Doña Maria (our favorite) and la Giralda from Cadiz. Our plan is to rent a car, but there's always the risk of missing the boat so we will need to plan extra time getting back. Close to Port car rental is approx $60 all in. Port time is 9-5, which isn't enough time in my opinion. We have more time in London and Normandy and less time in Lisbon. I've only been to Barcelona and Seville on this itinerary. Vietnam sounds extraordinary.

I heard the YC food is great.

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip! As for food in YC, I'm not the best person to ask as I'm so picky I've very limited choices.