World cruise "free unlimited laundry"

Go-Bucks!

I'm booked on the 2019 ATW cruise and one of the perks is "free unlimited laundry." For any of you who have taken the Oceania ATW cruise, does this mean that this is laundry done by the ship's employees in their laundry or do the guests do their own laundry in facilities on the stateroom decks but just don't pay for it?

Thanks for any help! :D

I'll be very interested in this answer. You ever see posts on travel boards from people who brag about how they went for weeks "with just a carry-on?" I'm sure they do but the funny thing is they never, ever talk about...laundry! They either stink, have size four shoes, or perhaps a little of both.

I cruised ATW16 and yes, the laundry is done by the wonderful guys in the laundry crew.

You place the items in the bag given to you, fill out the form which asks how many of each items you have (5 shirts, etc)stick that in the bag, and place it outside your door.

24-48 hrs later the laundry was back. Wait until you receive your underwear, packaged in tissue paper with the paper closed by an O sticker. Shirts, tees, skirts, whatever you've sent them, are pressed.

The laundry guys do an amazing job. You will be pleased!

Agree with Cynthia. It was the best perk of the ATW! Wash and press only, no dry cleaning benefit. You can specify wash and dry temperature, line dry, or ironing requirements. all is returned on hangers. Not much need to bring your own wire hangers, unless you like the nonslip variety.

Sure wish that the laundry (even for a fee per day/cabin) was available to all. It was wonderful when we had it on an 18 day cruise on HAL last year. We leave for ATW segment in a week but so far I have never heard of laundry perk on O. I will do a combo of laundry room and laundry using OBC. Since we don't drink or gamble or spa much I will have plenty to not stink (even though it will be stinkin' hot!) On HAL it was $7 per day for every day of cruise. That was 17 days and this will be 18 days. Come on O. If you do laundry for ATW why not us segment folks too?

Thank you, everyone, for the answer. I assumed it was this way, but after reading posts from ATW cruisers on other lines talking about spending their time doing laundry, I wanted to check. On Princess, free unlimited laundry is a perk for Elite status and full suites so I know how great it is. They also package up dainties and hang other things up.