Escape Internet

peyton28

It's very bad. And quite inline with most everything on this ship. The connection drops out, is very very slow most of the time and at times you won't be able to log out nd it will drain your mins. You can restore them most of the time by visiting the internet manager but you have wait in line(20-30 minutes, sometimes more)... Not a holiday I wish to repeat.

Cruise Critics 3/5/17 (you need to pay for streaming service):

(4:20 a.m. EST) -- Passengers sailing on Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Getaway now have the option to purchase internet based on how they use it versus prepaid minutes.

Norwegian Cruise Line is testing a new internet pricing model that could be rolled out fleetwide by this summer. Dubbed "Freestyle Choice Plans," the options include Social Chat ($35 for seven days), Basic ($189 for seven days) and Premium ($245 for seven days).

Social Chat provides unlimited access to social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat; it also allows for sending and receiving messages. Basic offers unlimited Internet access as well as messaging and email, and supports file attachments. Premium includes everything in Basic, plus streaming capabilities and VPN access.

The line has previously offered more traditional internet plans ranging from $29 per day to 250 minutes for $125, on weeklong cruises. Last summer, however, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. sealed a deal with Global Eagle Entertainment (formerly Emerging Markets Communications) to quadruple bandwidth across its brands for stronger Wi-Fi onboard.

Norwegian's new test follows a trend of cruise lines switching to Internet plans that are more tailored toward how passengers surf the web at sea. Carnival Cruise Line recently adopted a similar model that includes a social media-only plan for $5 per day.

Might not connect all the time or will drop the call due to high volume of internet use at peak times.

You can give it a try, but wouldn't count on the ships internet.

I'm buying the unl. internet package to text, post photos and such online but we'll see how it goes.

Experiences are definitely varied. We had the unlimited package on the Escape in February and were very happy. I kept my phone connected all the time, unless DH or DD wanted the internet. I received and sent iMessages easily and we skyped DS a few times with no problems.

Hope your experience is the same as ours. :)

Cruise Critics 3/5/17 (you need to pay for streaming service):

(4:20 a.m. EST) -- Passengers sailing on Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Getaway now have the option to purchase internet based on how they use it versus prepaid minutes.

Norwegian Cruise Line is testing a new internet pricing model that could be rolled out fleetwide by this summer. Dubbed "Freestyle Choice Plans," the options include Social Chat ($35 for seven days), Basic ($189 for seven days) and Premium ($245 for seven days).

Social Chat provides unlimited access to social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat; it also allows for sending and receiving messages. Basic offers unlimited Internet access as well as messaging and email, and supports file attachments. Premium includes everything in Basic, plus streaming capabilities and VPN access.

The line has previously offered more traditional internet plans ranging from $29 per day to 250 minutes for $125, on weeklong cruises. Last summer, however, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. sealed a deal with Global Eagle Entertainment (formerly Emerging Markets Communications) to quadruple bandwidth across its brands for stronger Wi-Fi onboard.

Norwegian's new test follows a trend of cruise lines switching to Internet plans that are more tailored toward how passengers surf the web at sea. Carnival Cruise Line recently adopted a similar model that includes a social media-only plan for $5 per day.

Thanx for info. Interested in the Social Chat to post pics on FB and texting for $35 for 7 days. Would this be available on Escape sailing 4/1? If so, do you get it ahead or onboard?

Just of the escape. The social chat $5/day package is only messaging. Snap chat WhatsApp things like that. Even fb is messenger only and you can't message pics. My IMessages did not work to text back home either. For the $35 it was an easy way to at least communicate with messages daily to friends and family back home. While in port it's easy to find wifi to post pics to fb and FaceTime or whatever while off the boat.

Kaultra, thank you! I won't bother with it then, I'll just get the wifi at Port .... someone said Tortola at the Baths works and I think St. Thomas? Any other ports?