10 night Thailand and Vietnam cruise - too much for 60ish couple?

skoeper

We would love to tour Vietnam and Thailand but wonder if the excursions would be too hard for someone in their 60's. The wooden boats/canoes excursions look a little iffy! Is this really geared for younger folks?

There are lots of lovely excursions that do not involve the little boats and I would say yes absolutely do Thailand and Vietnam. Azamara has the advantage the pace back onboard ship is completely in your hands so after a days sightseeing you have so many eating options - room service, just tapas in the living room, buffet, outdoor grill, dining room...specialities. And no one bothers if you go to the dining room for just one or two courses. So you can rest up as much or as little as you need after a day out.

You will find excursions that are mainly drive by trips all the way up to the fully active. Having been there we only did boats in Halong Bay - they were bigger and that trip is a must in my mind. But you choose your level of effort for each day maybe mixing active days with less active.

You will know how busy and how active a trip you can take - we all have different tolerance levels and it's not just driven by age. But you seem around the average onboard age for many Azamara cruises we've done.

Book it on Azamara would be my advice.

We did the Azamara Singapore to Hong Kong cruise via Thailand and Vietnam cruise just over 18 moths ago. My husband was over 70 and I was 68. He has 2 artificial knees and I have one. We had no problems and we did a Mekong river tour which did involve getting in and out of small boats and we managed it OK. The excursions we did in Vietnam were all privately organised and were great. We loved the cruise and lovely bed Vietnam, which we had never been to before. Go on - book it, you'll love it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the 17 day cruise in 2013 at ages 66 & 68 with absolutely no problems. Yes, if you have mobility issues, you may have some difficulty with the smaller canal boats in Viet Nam and Thailand. But you have many other options. Don't miss a cruise on Halong Bay, the beautiful town of Hoi An, the Mekong, or the temples and markets in Thailand! It was one of very favorite cruises, especially as a reunion visit for this Viet Nam vet to this beautiful and friendly country.