Quantum or Oasis Class for couple with a teenager?

This will be our first RCI cruise as a family; I've sailed on my own without them. After a few Norwegian cruises as a family, we've decided to try something different. We are a mid-40's couple with a teenager and are trying to figure out if we should book on an Oasis class or Quantum classs ship. We are currently looking at Caribbean itineraries on either the Harmony or the Anthem. We don't want our teen to be bored and are hoping those with experience on both or either ship with teenagers can tell us what you think. All responses are much appreciated! :D

Since it looks like you will have to fly to the port either way, I'd go for a Florida port, and Harmony, to be warm the entire trip.

Are you close enough to Galveston to drive to Liberty?

Since it looks like you will have to fly to the port either way, I'd go for a Florida port, and Harmony, to be warm the entire trip.

Are you close enough to Galveston to drive to Liberty?

Hi, thanks for responding. We are located in Texas, but the Galveston cruises are headed to Cozumel, which we've traveled to many times on fly & stays. We'd like to do ports that are new to the whole family in addition to spending a couple of days at the departure port. We are really trying to determine which ship will keep our teenager enjoyably occupied. Have your teens expressed preference for a particular ship?

Hi, thanks for responding. We are located in Texas, but the Galveston cruises are headed to Cozumel, which we've traveled to many times on fly & stays. We'd like to do ports that are new to the whole family in addition to spending a couple of days at the departure port. We are really trying to determine which ship will keep our teenager enjoyably occupied. Have your teens expressed preference for a particular ship?

Sorry, no teens. However, I cannot imagine someone would not be occupied on an Oasis class ship.

I have teens & loved both! They're the perfect ships for families with teens. They'll both have plenty of activities to keep all of you occupied and entertained. There is a very large area that really caters to teens (Sea Plex) on the Quantum class that isn't on Oasis; however, there is plenty of activities on the Oasis class ship. Harmony has water slides & all Oasis class have a zip-line which are not on Quantum class. They have other features in common that are easy to look up. Both classes will have things for you to do together & apart. I can answer more specific questions if you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oasis class has a number of fun things for teens but unless you are on Harmony with the Ultimate Abyss and water slides, they really don't have anything "unique" for that demographic. Of course Central Park, the Aqua Theater, Royal Promenade and ice skating are big pluses that are hard to match

Quantum class has the Seaplex, iFly and the North Star which teens will love. They also have flowriders and rock climbing walls like Oasis class does.

My take is that Quantum class is slightly better for teens unless you can get on Harmony when it would be a tie. Weather is a consideration but if you are sailing in the warmer months then it is less of an issue.

Oasis class hands down.

2 teens, 23 cruises, 12ish with the kids. Anthem more if your kids like cooler weather and want to play video games and county fair rides on vacation. Oasis, Allure, Harmony if your kids like sun, water, pools, 2 flowriders, sports, meeting other teens, more space, etc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Edited by kjmjrm

I have teens & loved both! They're the perfect ships for families with teens. They'll both have plenty of activities to keep all of you occupied and entertained. There is a very large area that really caters to teens (Sea Plex) on the Quantum class that isn't on Oasis; however, there is plenty of activities on the Oasis class ship. Harmony has water slides & all Oasis class have a zip-line which are not on Quantum class. They have other features in common that are easy to look up. Both classes will have things for you to do together & apart. I can answer more specific questions if you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the advice and tips. I will be in touch if we need more info. It's so much more helpful to talk with people who've had the experience. Have a great day!

Oasis class has a number of fun things for teens but unless you are on Harmony with the Ultimate Abyss and water slides, they really don't have anything "unique" for that demographic. Of course Central Park, the Aqua Theater, Royal Promenade and ice skating are big pluses that are hard to match

Quantum class has the Seaplex, iFly and the North Star which teens will love. They also have flowriders and rock climbing walls like Oasis class does.

My take is that Quantum class is slightly better for teens unless you can get on Harmony when it would be a tie. Weather is a consideration but if you are sailing in the warmer months then it is less of an issue.

It sounds like Quantum may be the choice for older teens for sure. Thanks so much for your help and for taking the time to respond.

BTW, Harmony of the Seas was AWESOME for all 15 of us!! 3/11-3/18.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Wow, that was a large group you had. We've never been able to get the rest of our family to commit to a cruise, but I think that might be a good thing since we'd probably rip each other's heads off after a few days :').

Based on your advice, I'm going to show the video of the Harmony to my family and let the chips fall where they may. I think, as a young teen, she will probably have a great time on the Harmony and maybe we can sail one of the Quantum ships in a couple of years when she is older. Thanks a million for the info and help.

My teens (16, 14) LOVED Anthem. They spent all of there time in the seaplex. So many things to do there.

Ok, I thought I had my mind set on the Harmony, but now you're making me doubt myself :D. I think I may have to show the family both videos (Harmony and Anthem) and let them decide between the two. Thanks for the response!

I think that is a great idea. My kids were 16g, 14g, 11b, 7b. All day--bumper cars, basketball, skating, up above around the top they had an xbox room with cool chairs, ping pong tables, air hockey. Kids hung out in packs day and night. The hot dog place is in there also. Arcade is right near by as is the teen club. I never saw the older 3 and a couple times they took the 7 year old so we could have childfree time. The indoor pool is awesome too because there is a bar RIGHT THERE...you can watch your kids from the tables right in front of the pool...spitting distance lol. I fly and northstar (ehh)...icing in the cake. I fly around here is like $100 per person. You would need to make that ressie ASAP. Have fun deciding!