What to do when your travel agent makes a mistake and says she'll get fired for it?

shellzj

Thanks everybody for your advice. Via automatic emails from the travel agency, I have good news! They posted the following to my account this morning:

• $275 onboard credit - I assume $100 for each guest internet plus $70 for dinner for two at Pinnacle Grill
  • $189 onboard credit - I assume suite gratuities for 2 guests
  • Signature Beverage Package for 2

In the payments section of the invoice, it shows a "Company Payment" of $1187 for these additional perks.

I called HAL ship services, and the agent confirmed the signature beverage packages, but he said he did not yet see the additional onboard credit, so I will keep calling.

I have not received a call or an e-mail from the travel agent, only these automatic emails. But I suppose it doesn't really matter.

With regards to the travel agent's job security and/or pay being deducted, my concern is/ was how the agent is employed. If she's not a salaried employee but instead an independent contractor, then I could see how the agency could easily terminate her contract and dock the amount that she is owed. But I don't know how these very large, multi-brand, travel agencies work. Do they hire salaried W-2 office employees or just 1099 independent contractors who work from home?

I am hoping that because this agent has set work hours that she is a W2 employee, and therefore has a lot more job protection.

Bring copies of the emails that show your perks and hopefully your booking number! m--

Right, same for me. I only use a travel agent because of the airline miles I get. However, after this incident, I wonder if maybe I should switch to my membership warehouse and just take the cash back...

Why don't you just switch to a competent, non-membership warehouse TA. There are many available.