Setting Cell Phone to Ships Time

cruisincdns

You can manually set your cell phone's time to the ships time and leave it on ships time for the whole cruise. This is how I do it with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 7.0:

Go to Settings, then go to `General Management`, then go to `Date and Time` and then turn off the 'Automatic date and time' setting. Then I manually change the time to the ships time.

Just remember to turn the automatic date and time setting back on when you arrive to your home port to sync up with the network.

This works for me. I also use my watch too.

Paul

You can manually set your cell phone's time to the ships time and leave it on ships time for the whole cruise. This is how I do it with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 7.0:

Go to Settings, then go to `General Management`, then go to `Date and Time` and then turn off the 'Automatic date and time' setting. Then I manually change the time to the ships time.

Just remember to turn the automatic date and time setting back on when you arrive to your home port to sync up with the network.

This works for me. I also use my watch too.

Paul

I'm guessing you're in Airplane mode also.

I'm guessing you're in Airplane mode also.

Yes, in airplane mode when you leave your home network. But you do not have to be in airplane mode for this manual time setting to work.

If you have a roaming plan and are in a port, you would turn off your airplane mode to use your roaming plan but as long as you have not turned on the automatic phone setting, your phone would still display the ship time your manually set.

Paul

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk.