How is HAL different from Princess?

bamelin

I laugh about the age comparison - my 88 year old mother and her 93 year old partner (with wheelchairs and walkers) won’t sail on HAL because there are too many old people. They prefer Princess because there are more people that are young like them.

I laugh about the age comparison - my 88 year old mother and her 93 year old partner (with wheelchairs and walkers) won’t sail on HAL because there are too many old people. They prefer Princess because there are more people that are young like them.

Young at heart! There are probably more of those people on cruise ships than you realise- this is why I like talking to fellow passengers especially people old enough to be my parents(and older!)..they've got some great stories.

I've got a question, that I would rather ask here than start a new thread. Have any of you ever had a problem on Princess or HAL? If so, did the cruise line try to solve it, or compensate you for it?

I recently got a botched hair cut on the Carnival Pride, a trim down to my shoulder blades turned into an inch past my ears. To add insult, the stylist laughed and mocked me after she realized what she did. I was given a refund on the cut, and offered a scalp message (which i refused), which means we're suppose to be square. Even if you think that was is no big deal, I've heard far worse stories of negligence, even serious crime, without so much as a bottle of bubbly.

I'm not looking for freebies, this was the first time I complained about anything in 6 cruises. I just heard a story about a couple that could not use their toilet, for an entire cruise on Princess. They allegedly had to rely on public facilities, and were never reimbursed. Hopefully this is not normal, or present on HAL.

The spa's on most ships are sub-contracted out, so I doubt the cruiseline would reimburse you. On my cruise in October, on the Pride, a tiled hatch fell on my back in the restroom in the spa. The gave me a free visit to the Dr. and took off the charges for my manicure I had received the day before.