Anthem dining confusion...

Hi, so we book this cruise on the Anthem for January 2018 a while ago and I never went back to check the reservation. Now I just learned that they got rid of the Dynamic Dining. Back then we made a diner reservation for 5:30 PM but now should we have traditional dining?

When I look at my booking (we booked directly on the website), I can see "Dinner Seating: Dynamic Dining Classic lets you enjoy reserved seating and choose between two dining times in a preset lineup of restaurants. 05:30 PM" under Preferences & Requests. This got me really confused. When I try to change it, the only option I have is "Waitlist - 08:15 PM Dynamic Dining Classic...". Am I missing something here? Is this reservation worth something or it's only the "real reservation" when it opens up that counts? Should I call Royal? Please help... :o

BTW the cruise planner's dining reservation is not available yet for our cruise.

Wildon

Hi, so we book this cruise on the Anthem for January 2018 a while ago and I never went back to check the reservation. Now I just learned that they got rid of the Dynamic Dining. Back then we made a diner reservation for 5:30 PM but now should we have traditional dining?

When I look at my booking (we booked directly on the website), I can see "Dinner Seating: Dynamic Dining Classic lets you enjoy reserved seating and choose between two dining times in a preset lineup of restaurants. 05:30 PM" under Preferences & Requests. This got me really confused. When I try to change it, the only option I have is "Waitlist - 08:15 PM Dynamic Dining Classic...". Am I missing something here? Is this reservation worth something or it's only the "real reservation" when it opens up that counts? Should I call Royal? Please help... :o

BTW the cruise planner's dining reservation is not available yet for our cruise.

Wildon

My translation of what you posted is that you are booked for early dining in the "MDR", which on Anthem means you will be assigned a specific dining table in either Grande or Chic on deck 3. In Anthem-speak "Dynamic Dining Classic" is "traditional" dining.

The daily menus are the same in each of the 4 dining rooms . The other 2 restaurants American Icon and Silk are on deck 4 and are used for My Time Dining. I think American Icon is for folks who have made reservations and Silk is for folks without reservations, but that is flexible depending on the day's mix of reservations/no reservations.

My translation of what you posted is that you are booked for early dining in the "MDR", which on Anthem means you will be assigned a specific dining table in either Grande or Chic on deck 3. In Anthem-speak "Dynamic Dining Classic" is "traditional" dining.

The daily menus are the same in each of the 4 dining rooms . The other 2 restaurants American Icon and Silk are on deck 4 and are used for My Time Dining. I think American Icon is for folks who have made reservations and Silk is for folks without reservations, but that is flexible depending on the day's mix of reservations/no reservations.

Thank you for this translation, it made a whole lot more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey thanks a lot everyone! The only other time we've been on Royal's ship was on the Oasis last year, and I think we had my time dining, for which I had to make reservation for every night prior embarcation via the cruise planner. I understand that this time I don't need to do that since we'll have a table assigned to us. Hey should get rid of "dynamic dining" from their website since it will just get people like us confused. Cheers.