Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Caught the last bit of sunset. Really miss large open outside promenades, ( yes we are getting old lol ), but some older ships have nice open promenades that let you feel closer to the ocean with views unblocked by the lifeboats. Just a personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated with this fabulous review of absolutely everything!! I was on the Anthem last year for the Bermuda/Boston, and I thought I had explored the ship thoroughly. I'm seeing things through your eyes that I never stumbled upon in my adventures. I'll be on the ship again in a few weeks... I'll have to look harder!

My one question today is about the Spicy Shrimp entree in Chops. I've never eaten there before, but I have a reservation coming up. You only can select one entree, correct? So I'm a little worried about the "spicy" part. Garlic, lemon, butter .... sounds delicious.... but "spicy"? Can you get more than one appetizer?

again.... thank you for your time and effort. I look forward to your next round of observations!

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated with this fabulous review of absolutely everything!! I was on the Anthem last year for the Bermuda/Boston, and I thought I had explored the ship thoroughly. I'm seeing things through your eyes that I never stumbled upon in my adventures. I'll be on the ship again in a few weeks... I'll have to look harder!

My one question today is about the Spicy Shrimp entree in Chops. I've never eaten there before, but I have a reservation coming up. You only can select one entree, correct? So I'm a little worried about the "spicy" part. Garlic, lemon, butter .... sounds delicious.... but "spicy"? Can you get more than one appetizer?

again.... thank you for your time and effort. I look forward to your next round of observations!

Awesome cruise 8218! Glad you are enjoying and along with us.

The spicy shrimp are a main course not an appetizer, fyi.

I guess spicy is up to the beholder, I would not say they were very spicy at all just nice flavor but at the same time Mrs. S would say they were so.. As to multiple entrees, in my experience they will bring you multiple entrees, they did for me many times to sample, and last night even though my second entree was the upcharge lobster, they did bring me the shrimp as well.

I have at times had multiple appetizers as well, so in my experience you can obtain multiple apps and mains. But I am not sure that is the absolute rule but it has worked for us to date.

Enjoy your trip with in a few weeks!!!

A preview of 270, a fabulous looking venue. Hope to catch a show in here. Note in the video at the end we are listing a bit, or I had to much wine with dinner lol

Retreated to the cabin until a bit later to catch the show in 270 hopefully on standby.

Finishing up the All Access Tour... after leaving the laundry area, where yes, they work very hard down on deck 0, no window no natural light. Those guys and gals do a wonderful job with little recognition, we headed up to the bridge.

After clearing a security wanding, we were greeted by the Captain and his on duty staff.

Sorry the lighting was poor for photos

e194c4ce4695fa664f58783f40afe687.jpg

He explained his snd his staffs function, and then passed us over to his executive office who gave us a rundown on the controls to handle the ship:

According to the captain bruno here is his most trusted staff member

b32323b658d9e0e08b16856f5da0881c.jpg

View from the port bridge wing

a19cbbb09cda0a64f1bd025bcd937f21.jpg

Our current location and track to Cocoa cay

cb57a11c53ec5aa28c3c732fbb8ce6a9.jpg

Port Bridge wing controls for the Azipods and radar etc.

9a65fb38f3a494cd34bf86f6bd97079d.jpg

As far as the the quality of the tour, I would rate it 7 out of 10. This was our forth tour with only the engine control room as new. I preferred that area than the theater tour which was part of other tours.

If you have never done a tour, this one for $99 pp ( If I recall correctly) is a good one and talking with our guide from shore excursion we learned a few facts of life the crew deals with while onboard which was interesting in itself as to their living arrangements, and dining and what they are allowed to experience of the ships amenities and such. A first timer on the tour would, I think find this interesting as well.

We probably will not do one again, at least one that is not free but if you have never taken one and have 3 hours one trip and look at it as an excursion cost, it is a worthwhile to experience.

Looks like a fabulous second day!!! Those shrimp....oh my goodness...my stomach was growling just reading about their pervy perfection! :D

I've read quite a few complaints that the beds are really hard on Anthem- have you found that to be the case? Does anyone know if the crew can alleviate that somehow? I have back issues and hard beds make me feel like I'm 102. :/

Also, I have one other question if you don't mind: how far ahead of time do you recommend we get to activities in the seaplex (bumper cars, trapeze, roller skating) in order to be one of the first few groups to go? Do people start lining up an hour in advance, or is it more like you should just get there a few minutes before the scheduled time? Thanks so much!!!

We were on Anthem last June and never really had long wait. In fact, no wait for roller skating and maybe 15 min for the bumper cars. However, we did do bumper cars first day and it was right when we got on ship

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I assume they can fix it by then as they plan to get back from PC in 1.5 days Friday to Sunday. Maybe we can eek out an extra day ;) monday if fine with me lol.

Not so fine with me as we sail next Sunday on the 2nd. LOL

Can't believe it, but we were on a 12-day sailing that left on March 27, 2016. And our next cruise isn't until December, so I really need this! Thank you so much for taking us along on your cruise.

Since Royal no longer does "Walk for Wishes," they offered us a galley tour with a special lunch in The Grande last year. It was $35/person, which went to charity (can't remember--WWF, maybe?).

Looking forward to the rest of your cruise (hope you make it to Coco Cay; we had to skip it on our Quantum cruise and it was the one port we wanted to see).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is such a great review! I'll be on Anthem this time next year, doing the same itinerary! Thank you for all the pictures - so looking forward to this sailing.

Awesome Virtopia! Glad it is enjoyable! Have a great time at on your cruise!

Can't believe it, but we were on a 12-day sailing that left on March 27, 2016. And our next cruise isn't until December, so I really need this! Thank you so much for taking us along on your cruise.

Since Royal no longer does "Walk for Wishes," they offered us a galley tour with a special lunch in The Grande last year. It was $35/person, which went to charity (can't remember--WWF, maybe?).

Looking forward to the rest of your cruise (hope you make it to Coco Cay; we had to skip it on our Quantum cruise and it was the one port we wanted to see).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks joand! We are looking forward to Cocoa cay and hope we can tender!

We did not make the Spectre Cabaret Show as it was standing room to the back, so we wandered around and now are crashing early. Up early tomorrow to get tender tickets at 7:30 am

Thanks for following and good night cruise critics!

Good night from day 3 on Anthem!

I'll be following as I'll be on Anthem in June. My first time on Quantum class. Have a great time and smooth seas!:cool:

Me, too, along with my brother and his family.

June 8th sailing out of Bayonne.

Was on the Mariner of the Seas a few years ago Underwhelmed. Hoping this is a better experience.

Have a great time!

Sea dog--keep up the Great work!! Following till April 17--now have 3 or 4 from our roll call following you!! Anthem 1st timers--if you get to spa-my DW would love ya! Can't seem to get a 2017 price-not on our cruise planner. Those heated tile chaise loungers are the best!! So sorry you are already on Day 4--sad face!

So excited to follow your journey. Thank you for taking the time to post for us!

I'm sailing the Anthem June 8th.

Can you tell me how we sign up for a tour of the ship? I went through all the shore excursions and didn't see it.

Thank you!

Lori from San Diego

Our cabin is close to yours, I think. Aft, port, deck 11. Please report about the noise when you have a chance.

When we sail on the Anthem (June 8) we will be port side, mid ship, deck 13 - I am a bit worried about noise, too.

Sea dog--keep up the Great work!! Following till April 17--now have 3 or 4 from our roll call following you!! Anthem 1st timers--if you get to spa-my DW would love ya! Can't seem to get a 2017 price-not on our cruise planner. Those heated tile chaise loungers are the best!! So sorry you are already on Day 4--sad face!

Thanks Tom! Glad you are all onlong with us! The spa is on my list of travels, and I will get prices.

I am looking that my glass us still half full with 4 days left lol , but yes the week is blurring by :(

So excited to follow your journey. Thank you for taking the time to post for us!

I'm sailing the Anthem June 8th.

Can you tell me how we sign up for a tour of the ship? I went through all the shore excursions and didn't see it.

Thank you!

Lori from San Diego

Hi oct! Glad your following along! Enjoy Anthem in June, and we booked the access tour on the website at home on my cruise planner. Maybe it is something that opens up closer to sailing? I am not sure, but we booked the cruise 4 days before sailing and it was listed as an excursion then.

If it does not show let me know I will ask about booking onboard for you.

When we sail on the Anthem (June 8) we will be port side, mid ship, deck 13 - I am a bit worried about noise, too.

I have to say, we have been extremely lucky to have sailed quite a few times now in our life and on a few different ships, and not trying to throw shade at Anthem, but as calm as it has been sea-wise, the ship swayed a lot in minor swells, so much that it was asked multiple times during our tour of the staff. Also our cabin is the creakiest cabin we have had on any ship, in any weather. We have gotten used to it but it is noticeable coming from the structure.

Just a bit surprised is all, certainly not impacting our fun or sleep at all.

And about the bed, after 3 nights sleep we actually have slept well and it is comfortably firm, so it is not, to us overly firm just firmer than our home bed but ok.

Good Morning Cruise Critics! Welcome to Day 4 of our sailing on Anthem! Today we head to Cocoa Cay. Lots of people up early to obtain tender tickets starting a 7:30, so the promenade is hooping this early morning lol

Lets get coffee and see some sights. Love the stairwell landing art:

bb2d48674458d673cb6bcc818333b14b.jpg

805c891f7f6e4a45e20a3c8edf04d342.jpg

be080721a41680bfde8fdfd2f138df29.jpg

7aa00ab914d8f0c2495c55fb440604d3.jpg

77e3d8e565d0c9a2c6df146c97e9ccda.jpg

ccc9f9647b6e207a87b0bee6130c94bc.jpg

If possible could you see if there is a bar server named Ariel working in Boleros? He was there last year and was so wonderful. We'd love to see him again! If you don't have time no worries.

Thanks!

Sure I will swing by for a drink to see, you twisted my arm! :)

Tenders have arrived!

Time to get your bags packed and get ready to head over in about an hour. Don't forget your sunscreen it is supposed to be high UV Index today!

7d8e3e5b9493efd61e60d60d3917570e.jpg