Independence O.S. 5 day Notes & Observations.

Sailed on the Independence O.S. 5 Day March 20 to 25.

We were in GS 1282. Did receive an email from the Concierge about 5 days before the cruise introducing himself ( Felix Vargas) and explaining the usual offerings suite guest will be getting.

Got to the pier about 10.45 am, Got through security and received sea pass cards in about 5 minutes.

Had about a 45 minute wait thereafter to board the ship..

Pinnacles and suite guest boarded first as usual.

State rooms were available from 1.00 pm which is the norm now.

The ship was originally due to sail at 4.30pm but we were told at the assembly drill they would sail at 6.pm. No reason given. Not a problem for us, we were on vacation an the bars were open

Ship in good condition, Most staff very friendly.

There was an invitation in our room for a Brunch in Giovanni's at 11.30 on day 2 to meet Ships senior officers. We did not attend. We were enjoying ourselves by the pool and did not feel to go and change for the event.

There was also an invitation on day 3 at 7.45 pm Top tier event for platinum and up members held in the Pyramid Lounge. We also did not attend that.

Felix the concierge did come by to introduce himself. Very nice guy. We however never used the concierge lounge. Paying premium dollars to cruise and then spending our evening in a room with 4 walls is not our way of enjoying ourselves.

We did use the Diamond lounge a couple times.

We always ate breakfast in Chops, sometimes ordering off the a' la Carte menu and some times getting our food from the windjammer and going in to chops with it.

We had the drink package and never were given any slips to sign except when we had some premium champagnes that went over the $12.00 limit. One night my wife did order a $14.00 glass of Preseco in the schooner bar and still was given no chit to sign for the additional $2.00. I suppose bar staff do have some leeway.

The Bar staff in the Champagne bar were the best we have ever experienced on any cruise. Very friendly but very professional. They were 3 guys from Romania.

I received a glass block in my room with the ship engraved on it with a note congratulating me on reaching 140 points. Not sure what thats about. I always thought that was for diamond +. nevertheless it was appreciated.

On disembarkation day It took us 10 minutes from our suite to sitting inside of the taxi. Another great perk of staying in a suite is the designated customs line.

We ate meals in Giovannis, Chops, dining room, windjammer, Johnny Rockets, Sorrentos and cafe promenade and enjoyed all our meals. No complaints. with any.

I forgot to mention, On the second to last day they did offer the 10 drink card for $69.00. I am not sure if that includes gratuity. Thought I should mention that as some folks have been asking about these cards recently.

I forgot to mention, On the second to last day they did offer the 10 drink card for $69.00. I am not sure if that includes gratuity. Thought I should mention that as some folks have been asking about these cards recently.

Thanks for the info, that price is most likely before gratuity is added.

Sailed on the Independence O.S. 5 Day March 20 to 25.

We were in GS 1282. Did receive an email from the Concierge about 5 days before the cruise introducing himself ( Felix Vargas) and explaining the usual offerings suite guest will be getting.

Got to the pier about 10.45 am, Got through security and received sea pass cards in about 5 minutes.

Had about a 45 minute wait thereafter to board the ship..

Pinnacles and suite guest boarded first as usual.

State rooms were available from 1.00 pm which is the norm now.

The ship was originally due to sail at 4.30pm but we were told at the assembly drill they would sail at 6.pm. No reason given. Not a problem for us, we were on vacation an the bars were open

Ship in good condition, Most staff very friendly.

There was an invitation in our room for a Brunch in Giovanni's at 11.30 on day 2 to meet Ships senior officers. We did not attend. We were enjoying ourselves by the pool and did not feel to go and change for the event.

There was also an invitation on day 3 at 7.45 pm Top tier event for platinum and up members held in the Pyramid Lounge. We also did not attend that.

Felix the concierge did come by to introduce himself. Very nice guy. We however never used the concierge lounge. Paying premium dollars to cruise and then spending our evening in a room with 4 walls is not our way of enjoying ourselves.

We did use the Diamond lounge a couple times.

We always ate breakfast in Chops, sometimes ordering off the a' la Carte menu and some times getting our food from the windjammer and going in to chops with it.

We had the drink package and never were given any slips to sign except when we had some premium champagnes that went over the $12.00 limit. One night my wife did order a $14.00 glass of Preseco in the schooner bar and still was given no chit to sign for the additional $2.00. I suppose bar staff do have some leeway.

The Bar staff in the Champagne bar were the best we have ever experienced on any cruise. Very friendly but very professional. They were 3 guys from Romania.

I received a glass block in my room with the ship engraved on it with a note congratulating me on reaching 140 points. Not sure what thats about. I always thought that was for diamond +. nevertheless it was appreciated.

On disembarkation day It took us 10 minutes from our suite to sitting inside of the taxi. Another great perk of staying in a suite is the designated customs line.

We ate meals in Giovannis, Chops, dining room, windjammer, Johnny Rockets, Sorrentos and cafe promenade and enjoyed all our meals. No complaints. with any.

Hi.I"m in this suite this August for 8 night.We have family in the next suite next door and they have a connecting balcony cabin.Do you have any photos of the suite?Thankyou.

Edited by Shocked91

Kinda irritated about something in your post (not you, OP).

We were on the same cruise. My little one and I are platinum and my parents are D+. We never received an invite to the top tier party. Matter of fact, we never heard any buzz on the ship about it.

Can you advise when your invitation was received in your stateroom?

Thanks

Sorry Shocked91. No pics of inside the suite. We have sailed in GS's on all Freedom class ships and they were all exactly the same. So i am sure you can find some pics out there.

Cbear1973. The invitation was on our bed when we got to our room on night 2.

Sorry Shocked91. No pics of inside the suite. We have sailed in GS's on all Freedom class ships and they were all exactly the same. So i am sure you can find some pics out there.

Cbear1973. The invitation was on our bed when we got to our room on night 2.

No,worries thank you.Hope you had a great cruise.

Are you sure the top tier event was available as Platinums? I am one night away from Emerald and have never received an invitation. I finally received a lapel pin on the last night of our last cruise. We had cruised as Platinum before but never got a pin. Not that it is a big deal. Woo Hoo! But it must be like the glass blocks. One per stateroom. Those darn penny pinchers! :confused: