NCL Escape chair situation?

The pool areas on the new ships are very small and always crowded. We called the pool on the BA a toe pool, cuz that was all you could fit it. Wall to wall people just standing in the pool--human soup! Glad we didn't want to go into the water. Pools so overcrowded, children went into the hot tubs in Spice H2O adult only area, and NCL didn't care, and wouldn't tell them to get out. No chairs anywhere! Love NCL and all their ships, have done 20 NCL cruises, but the pool design stinks on newer ships, and we are happy that is not a priority area for us, but feel sorry for those that it is a priority.

Safe sailing

The red tag is there for your protection. You should be glad they did that. NCL is letting others know that they are monitoring the situation so no one takes your stuff. As long as you stay within the rules, as you did, your stuff didn't get moved, right?

Nothing was moved because we made it back just in time to stop it. Some people were trying to move our towels. We even had our drinks there, lotion, extra towels, pool bag etc etc Was not like we just had towels holding the chairs. My husband was not happy. Like I said, in the pool for a half hour the most. That was the only problem we had. Nothing else after that. Never had a problem getting chairs either but we do get there super early to make sure we do get the chairs.

As far as Vibe, we really wanted to get passes and were in boarding group 6. My husband literally ran to guest services as soon as we were on board to try and get some, but Haven guests had bought all of them. We were pretty upset at first--and then we'd get annoyed, too, when we could see in there from the sun deck and it was totally empty! I don't think we ever saw more than four or five people in there.

There were many non-Haven guests who boarded before you did. To claim that "...Haven guests had bought all of them." is making an assumption without facts. Did you put your names on the waiting list? If some VIBE customers felt that they didn't need/want their VIBE passes and returned them, you might have still gotten passes.

There were many non-Haven guests who boarded before you did. To claim that "...Haven guests had bought all of them." is making an assumption without facts. Did you put your names on the waiting list? If some VIBE customers felt that they didn't need/want their VIBE passes and returned them, you might have still gotten passes.

Good to know they have a waiting list :) thanks

The person my husband talked to at guest services was the one that said they'd all been purchased by Haven guests. I'm merely going off what that guy told my husband. We asked about a waiting list and were told there wasn't one available.

The pool areas on the new ships are very small and always crowded. We called the pool on the BA a toe pool, cuz that was all you could fit it. Wall to wall people just standing in the pool--human soup!
Considering that pool is well over 6 feet deep, you must've had some giants on your cruise.

Pretty sure they meant horizontally, not vertically -- width, not depth.

LOL! That photo is hilarious.

On our Getaway cruise, the part that was packed were the edges of the pool which were completely filled with people sitting thigh to thigh all the way around with their feet dangling in the water. I somehow managed to get in the pool one time, (the only person in the pool, since it was almost always empty) and when I tried to get back out, I couldn't find a spot! I'm not a strong swimmer, and it got a little scary for a moment, since the ladder and everything was completely packed with people. I finally asked someone if she could please get up for a moment so I could get out, and she did. I never got back in again.

We didn't have problems finding chairs on the March 25th sailing. However, my Irish pasty self got burned in Tortola so after that I preferred shade over sun! We didn't use the pools, so it wasn't a priority to be close to them. Cruise ship pools are generally sardine cans, so we always do pre-cruise days at a resort ( this time, we rented a house) so the girls can get their swim on all day long before boarding. Much more relaxing!

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off Getaway last week and were not able to get a lounge chair once the whole cruise. I did see many unoccupied chairs with towels or whatever sit unoccupied for hours.

Just got off the Escape and they were using the red stickers all week long

As an early bird I saw many cruisers already placing their towels and stuff at 5h30 6h00 am.

We used the spice H2o and had no trouble finding chairs for us.