Summit-Cape Liberty to Bermuda or Equinox-Miami to Western Caribbean with 17 yr olds?

AnnNY21

Hi, I'm looking to book a cruise in July and need help choosing which cruise would have a better itinerary for my 17 yr old girls. One likes pools, the other the beach. They are not really into sports or water activities. And I...I just need a break lol!

TIA,

Ann

Hi, I'm looking to book a cruise in July and need help choosing which cruise would have a better itinerary for my 17 yr old girls. One likes pools, the other the beach. They are not really into sports or water activities. And I...I just need a break lol!

TIA,

Ann

I notice you are in NYC, it is an easy trip to Bayonne which has a new terminal and parking garage. I would do Bermuda since o there is not flying and when you get to Bermuda, there are three days of doing whatever you want. You can get off the ship or on as much as you want. No going for a few hours on shore and than getting back to the ship. Bermuda has beautiful beaches and great transportation. Pools on the ship are great on port days as hardly anyone is there. In July the kids will have plenty of company.

Bermuda gets you one country to explore, but with easy home to ship and back transportation.

There will be options for things to do and see,based on your interest.

The Equinox is one of the new design Ships in the fleet. You will have to fly, could be fun if ya'll like to fly.

You will get 5 diff places to see and explore.

Neither will have 'sport' activities, but both have great pools and wonderful dining options. The shows and entertainment is hit or miss, again, depending on likes an interest.

We are back on the Equinox for the 3rd cruise in a row this year. Never sailed the Summit, nor visited Bermuda.

EW

If you're in NY(going by your handle on here), the Bermuda cruise would be great for you since there's no flying involved, you can drive to Bayonne and get on the ship. If you're looking for which one would be best for your girls, either one would be great. Summit is smaller in size and older than Equinox, but Summit is still a great ship. The itinerary for Summit is(of course)more limited since you're only going to one port. I think for you, it all boils down to whether you want to fly to Miami to board the ship, or drive to Bayonne and have no luggage weight restrictions, concern to book a hotel the day before you sail or rushing to meet a plane for the flight home. Both will have Teen Club activities, and in July, there should be a lot of young people their ages to meet and hang out with, so you can have relaxation time :D. Either one you choose would be wonderful, however I'm a bit partial to Summit because it's right here and a less stressful time getting to the ship since it's local. Enjoy whichever cruise you book.

I'd recommend Bermuda based on the itinerary and your home base. The teens can catch a shuttle to and from the beach, they can hop a ferry and explore Hamilton and St. George's...lots to see and do in Bermuda for all of you.

One of my favourite cruises. We drive from Ontario - very easy drive.

As much as we love Celebrity would recommend you take a look at Royal's Anthem out of Bayonne. Her 9 night Caribbean sailings spend a day in Bermuda plus stops at San Juan, St Martin and Royals private beach at Labadee. The ship is much more geared toward the younger crowd with skydiving, bumper cars, rock climbing, etc, etc. IMO X has better food, but the big Royal ships have more and better entertainment options.

As much as we love Celebrity would recommend you take a look at Royal's Anthem out of Bayonne. Her 9 night Caribbean sailings spend a day in Bermuda plus stops at San Juan, St Martin and Royals private beach at Labadee. The ship is much more geared toward the younger crowd with skydiving, bumper cars, rock climbing, etc, etc. IMO X has better food, but the big Royal ships have more and better entertainment options.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was afraid of the Anthem after reading so many negative reviews. My first cruise was on Royal Adventure of the Seas and it was great!

Thanks for the suggestion. I was afraid of the Anthem after reading so many negative reviews. My first cruise was on Royal Adventure of the Seas and it was great!

Have sailed Anthem and Quantum. Many long time cruisers were turned off by some of their innovative features. Dynamic dining, while appealing in concept was very poorly implemented and a major cause for complaints. Reviews improved after Royal did away with it. The ship has some amazing features. My daughters in their 20's loved it. Just be sure to book your entertainment and activities online ASAP. For I-fly especially there aren't enough time slots to accommodate everyone.

I agree that going out of Bayonne totally eliminates the hassle of flying.

The Summit is a great ship. Quieter than Royal. We were on the Quantum and yes...there was a lot of negative at that time. That said...it was a beautiful ship and the IFly was an amazing experience! The Broadway show was also great...we saw Momma Mia at that time...wonderful! Summit will have the typical singer/dancer show..comedian, magician...Anthem will definitely be more technically advanced that Summit which might appeal more to 17 year old girls.

We love the Summit and do recommend that ship...going out of Bayonne..it is a choice between Cruise Ship and Technology Ship... Going out of Florida is it flying to get there...typically going a day ahead of sailing so that adds another day/cost to the adventure.