Alaskan Hotels

donnadoll

So just how bad are the Westmark Hotels. I have read some pretty bad reviews of the Anchorage Westmark.

The Westmark Anchorage is centrally located downtown and is a basic hotel with lots of cruise tours coming and going. It is in a great location for shopping and restaurants. I hope they have done some work on the rooms. Two years ago I asked to be moved to a better room...but better to one may not be better to someone else. I really don't like the vanity in the bedroom. The rooms are clean and the staff helpful. If you are on a cruisetour maybe you will get the Hilton. It is generally somewhat nicer and just as convenient downtown.

Fairbanks and Dawson City are fine.

the westmark anchorage is centrally located downtown and is a basic hotel with lots of cruise tours coming and going. It is in a great location for shopping and restaurants. I hope they have done some work on the rooms. Two years ago i asked to be moved to a better room...but better to one may not be better to someone else. I really don't like the vanity in the bedroom. The rooms are clean and the staff helpful. If you are on a cruisetour maybe you will get the hilton. It is generally somewhat nicer and just as convenient downtown.

Fairbanks and dawson city are fine.

thank you

So just how bad are the Westmark Hotels. I have read some pretty bad reviews of the Anchorage Westmark.

The hotel is "okay". 2 1/2 star I would place it. The elevators are older design and slow and do not fit many people so it takes time to load/unload the three/four bus load of people. The exterior slide doors open and depending on your room can give some nice views with the urban touch. We did not eat there so no comments on any offerings.

For breakfast if you can, goto the Snow City Cafe. Great food and expect a wait as it is a popular place for locals and us tourists that know where it is.

I would say it's easily the Most popular breakfast place in Downtown and possibly in Anchorage. I'm from Anchorage and visit family often.... love SnowCity but hate the long wait. Locals know that it's busy year round but crazy during Tourist season. Yes worth the wait :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums