What's needed to get my U.S. visa for my trip on the NOORDAM to NZ /Australia

Hi Again:

I'm trying to get info on WHAT we need (papers,photos,etc) to get our Visas for our upcoming trip on the NOORDAM this November. Our PASS PORTS are up to date so that's not our problem. What does Holland America need and when do they need it.

I hope we still have time to get all this stuff done so we can pass thru customs in Australia.

I understand that I DON'T NEED a visa for New Zealand. Is there anything I need for New Zealand other than our passports?

Any help sure would be appreciated.

Again , sorry for all these questions.

AncientMarinerJoe

I assume from your post that you are a U.S. citizen concerned about getting a visa to visit Australia. Australia allows you to get your visa online at a cost of less than $20. Go online and Google "Australia visa ETA". Click on the Australian Government website and all your questions will be answered. It is super easy and the electronic visa is attached to your passport, so you don't have to provide any paperwork to HAL. Just tell them you already have your electronic visa so they don't try to charge you again for it.

Although I have not used this company, a number of people on my roll call highly recommend this company.

I would print out a copy of the receipt when you apply online and carry it with me. Chances are it will never be needed but I always like to have a back-up.

Hi Again:

I'm trying to get info on WHAT we need (papers,photos,etc) to get our Visas for our upcoming trip on the NOORDAM this November. Our PASS PORTS are up to date so that's not our problem. What does Holland America need and when do they need it.

I hope we still have time to get all this stuff done so we can pass thru customs in Australia.

I understand that I DON'T NEED a visa for New Zealand. Is there anything I need for New Zealand other than our passports?

AncientMarinerJoe

Re New Zealand, just bring your camera and try the local cuisine and do a bungy jump!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised to Australia, stayed for a while, then from Australia to New Zealand on a different cruise line. HAL doesn't need the visa, but they want to warn you that you need one.

The electronic Australia Visa is easily obtained for US citizens. Apply online as said above and it should be about $20, paid on that website by credit card. The visa becomes attached electronically to your passport number so that when you arrive in Australia and you present your passport to the customs/immigration official the visa will show up on their screen.

I printed out our confirmations from the the online visa process so I had some proof that we had the visa in case of computers being down or some other glitch.

New Zealand does not require a separate visa. Have a fabulous trip! m--

WOW !. You guys are great.

Thanks for that good info. I'll jump right on it.

Counting down to a great cruise now.

All I have to do is decide on a 3 dayer in either RARATONGA or Tahiti or Fiji as a prelude and a break from a long flight before AUCKLAND.

I'm leaning towards Rarotonga ( If I can ever spell it correctly .LOL) .

I can almost taste a cold brew while I sit under a palm tree enjoying the sweeping views of the ocean.

Thanks again guys. If we ever meet up , I OWE YOU ALL A COLD ONE ON ME.

Ancientmarinerjoe

Use the OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT website to obtain your ETA for Australia. I do not recommend that you use a 3rd party site even if they claim they can obtain your ETA at a price less than AUD 20.00 (which is what the Australian government charges.)

The ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) is what a U.S. citizen must obtain to enter Australia for purposes of tourism, which is what you are doing.

For more info on ETAs and how to apply, here's the Australian government website:

https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas

Just did an AU/NZ trip on 'another line' The visa for Australia is easy peasy and online. Takes about 5 min. Go to the AU Govt website, eta(dot)immi(dot)gov(dot)au and fill out the form. it is 20usd and all you do is fill out the info from your passport. If there are no problems, you get confirmation back in less than 5 min.

Good Luck, and have a wonderful trip

Just did an AU/NZ trip on 'another line' The visa for Australia is easy peasy and online. Takes about 5 min. Go to the AU Govt website, eta(dot)immi(dot)gov(dot)au and fill out the form. it is 20usd and all you do is fill out the info from your passport. If there are no problems, you get confirmation back in less than 5 min.

Good Luck, and have a wonderful trip

A small correction--The fee for the ETA on the Australian government website is 20 Australian dollars, not 20 US dollars. That means that you are only paying in the area of 15 US dollars at today's exchange rate.

Hi Again:

AncientMarinerJoe

You will not need a visa for New Zealand.

Remember no tipping in New Zealand.

WOW !. You guys are great.

Thanks for that good info. I'll jump right on it.

Counting down to a great cruise now.

All I have to do is decide on a 3 dayer in either RARATONGA or Tahiti or Fiji as a prelude and a break from a long flight before AUCKLAND.

I'm leaning towards Rarotonga ( If I can ever spell it correctly .LOL) .

I can almost taste a cold brew while I sit under a palm tree enjoying the sweeping views of the ocean.

Thanks again guys. If we ever meet up , I OWE YOU ALL A COLD ONE ON ME.

Ancientmarinerjoe

Lots to consider about Raratonga, Cook Islands, Tahiti, French Polynesia and Fiji. Very different cultures all, and very different economies... read that as costs.

Loved Raratonga, very pretty, good prices on the NZ dollar. I'd stay over at Muri Lagoon, south east side of the rather round island.

Tahiti is also very pretty, bustling, expensive, very French. Loved our 5 night pre-cruise stay in Tahiti, but you might want to make sure you get air conditioning if it's not July (their cooler, drier month). Everything runs on CFP the French Polynesian franc. Also worth a 45min ferry ride to go over to Moorea.

Fiji, lots of variety here, but may want to move away form Suva to a calmer island location. Everything runs on the Fijian dollar. Almost totally closed up on a Sunday. Half the population is from India, great Indian food available too.

All depends on what you are looking for, how your flights lay out. All wonderful choices but I'd lean towards Raratonga for pristine paradise.... plus we like to kayak and the Muri lagoon is so lovely. But so is the lagoon on west side of Tahiti.....

Can't really make a bad choice! m--