Grand Suite on Oasis/Allure or Liberty or adventurWhich is better?

My husband and I are looking on going on a cruise in early October and trying to decide on a ship. We are planning on booking a Grand Suite. The prices of these 4 cruises are very similar, Oasis/Allure is $500 more than Liberty or Adventure. We live in Texas so we can drive to Liberty and we'd have to fly for the other 3. Liberty/Oasis/Allure all do the Cozumel/Falmouth route with Labadee being swapped for Grand Cayman on the Oasis/Allure.

We've never done the bigger ships and we've never done the Southern route out of San Juan.

I'm wondering which ship you would choose and why? Also, do you think $500 more is worth the difference for the bigger ship?

Thanks for your opinion.

I've sailed on both in a GS and agree with Bob plus more entertainment options. GS on Oasis/Allure have the option of breakfast, lunch and dinner in Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge for complimentary drinks from 11A-11P. Love Central Park and the variety of dining options plus free internet.

Take Oasis class if you have never done it. I agree that the perks are better with Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge. The AOS Southern route is also appealing to me. I like the reserved pool chairs on AOS, if you are a pool person. Liberty in a GS would be my last choice of your choices.

Really surprised at price difference , we had GS on Liberty last April and also this April and also priced Oasis and Allure at same time for same week and Oasis class was 1k more a person, for 500 extra I would have booked Oasis class

I would take the one I can DRIVE to...cheaper, easier and less stressful!

I agree with cb at sea... especially if 2 of the 3 ports are the same. I guess to help make the decision easier, you would have to ask yourself if the GS perks on Allure/Oasis are worth the extra $500 PLUS airfare.

We are in Texas and did a GS on Liberty last summer and it was fine and a nice perk being able to drive to Galveston. We are on the Allure this year on the Oct 1st sailing in a Sky Loft suite (wanted to try Star Class). Come join the party with us!!

We've done a GS on Liberty and Oasis. No great difference in the rooms. The big difference are the ships. We're glad we did Oasis but prefer Freedom and Voyager class. Here are a few observations:

Liberty has a lovely suite lounge with a nice outdoor seating area as well.

Oasis has more suite perks - Coastal Kitchen, big suite lounge, separate sundeck with a bar.

Definitely more suite perks on Oasis but you are a little more segregated from the other cruisers. The crowds on Oasis at the pool were our biggest disappointment as well as the Solarium was just too hot and had a tiny "pool". Liberty Solarium is nice with a big pool.

They are two very different experiences. You can look for my reviews in the member review area for both - if I remember right, I did a lot of suite comparisons.

We said if we ever go on Oasis class again, we would ONLY go in a suite just to escape the insanity.

I agree with what the others have said. Personally I don't feel the suite perks, outside of the Oasis/Quantum classes are really worth it. What I don't understand is why RCI doesn't take the perks that could easily be enabled fleet wide and do so. For example, internet access. It's included on our Anthem cruise, we pay on Freedom. That's just annoying to me.

The reality is we won't pay anything...we'll just use our D+ days...it's just the principal.

Hello! Heading onto Oasis next week and question about dining--since we are lucky enough to have CK, do we need to ever go to the MDR? I'm hoping to avoid windjammer, but the kids sometimes enjoyed the fun with the wait staff and dressing up a bit. Do we get that same treatment in CK? Do you think there are any meals or menu items that are so worth going to MDR? We don't usually do specialty but if we do it will be Giovanni's to sit outside and listen to music and good eating. Any advice is appreciated!!

Hello! Heading onto Oasis next week and question about dining--since we are lucky enough to have CK, do we need to ever go to the MDR? I'm hoping to avoid windjammer, but the kids sometimes enjoyed the fun with the wait staff and dressing up a bit. Do we get that same treatment in CK? Do you think there are any meals or menu items that are so worth going to MDR? We don't usually do specialty but if we do it will be Giovanni's to sit outside and listen to music and good eating. Any advice is appreciated!!

Going to the mdr would be up to you. Easy to avoid the WJ, just don't go. All give good treatment. I don't know what foods you like so check the menu.