First Night Done Right

On one of our upcoming cruises, this option recently opened for booking. The terms are that we get 50% off if we book specialty dining for the first night. The catch is the time and venue is determined by the ship. Has anyone who has booked this before managed to change the restaurant onboard? The wording in Cruise Planner is ambiguous. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When do you find out what restaurant RC assigned you to? When I booked this, I was able to book the time, just not the restaurant. Hoping for Giovanni's.

We never received notice regarding where our first night reservation was made. But, it was no problem to go to Chops and make a reservation once we boarded. If you don't mind missing the MDR on the first night, it's a very good promotion.

When do you find out what restaurant RC assigned you to? When I booked this, I was able to book the time, just not the restaurant. Hoping for Giovanni's.

You will find out on board, via notification in your stateroom. If you want to find out earlier, go to any specialty restaurant once you get on board.