Honeymoon suggestions

CruiseSkeptic85

Now that the wedding planning is winding down I can concentrate more on the Honeymoon. We booked the Allure of the Seas in a large balcony room for the end of May, traveling to St Marteen, San Juan, and Labadee. I am a cruise virgin, I planned to stay that way my entire life, but my wife to be loves cruises and I want her to have the best honeymoon she can imagine. Her only must have was the jet ski tour in Labadee, so I booked it. My only must was the unlimited booze package.

What is absolutely worth doing on the ship, or in those ports? We both love the water, the beach and the pool. So I'd like most of what we do to revolve around those things. She also wants to get pictures under a waterfall if there are any in the ports we are stopping at (I think maybe San Juan??). I'm a geek, not a romantic, so I'm HORRIBLE at planning romantic things. Help me please!!

In St Marrten, do the Americas Cup sailing regatta. Only available thur the cruise line. Excellent and lots of fun.

St Thomas, snorkel with the turtles. A non ship excursion.

Google, Furycharters

Would that be on Orient Beach, which is clothing optional? EM

I have been to Orient Beach many times. The nude beach is a very small area at one end.

99.9% outside of the nude beach wear bathing attire. You might get exposed to a bare female breast, but other than that, "clothing optional" is not what Orient is about.

In St Marrten, do the Americas Cup sailing regatta. Only available thur the cruise line. Excellent and lots of fun.

St Thomas, snorkel with the turtles. A non ship excursion.

Google, Furycharters

Good choice.

Also, if OP is looking for an easy beach day, take a cab to Orient. Lot's of beach bars / restaurants, nice comfortable beach, good for a nice beach day.

The one thing I regret not doing on Labadee was the Zip line. I made the mistake of doing the one on the ship after that port. I've done a lot of repelling out of helicopters in my time, but that would have been a lot better I think :D

Stop in Vintages before dinner and have a few nice glasses of wine. The bar stewards are really nice and it's a nice, quiet location to sit back and enjoy the ship. We usually stopped there every night on our November 2016 and January 2017 sailing. Also, the Solarium area in the bow of the ship is a great place to spend a few hours enjoying the ocean. The bar is also nice there and bar stewards make an excellent Bloody Mary there. I'm ready to book another cruise on the Allure Of The Seas with my family.

If you call RCCL on the phone, you can book the Chef's table which is an exclusive 3 hour dining event with only about a dozen other guests. The food is the absolute best on the ship and it is an adults only type experience. It's $95pp for food plus more for wine pairings, but they give generous pours, so it is worth it. You can see a typical menu here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2342654

It has likely changed though because they change it once a year at least. However you can be absolutely certain the food will be delicious. Here's a video to give you an idea of what it's like;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_joLsFVxuo

150 Central Park is the most romantic restaurant onboard the ship.

I agree with the tip above about Vintages - it is GREAT!

Definitely go to Central Park some evening and hop on the Rising Tide bar - that's a lot of fun.

Make sure you make reservations for all the shows - especially the comedy club as it is small and it would be hard to get in if you don't have a reservation.

The two of you could go to Boardwalk and ride the carousel together. (It's free)

Pssst: If you pack your 1920's clothes, there is a Prohibition Party one night in a nightclub hosted by a celebrity (you never know who it will be). You have to make special arrangements to go and keep this on the down low so it doesn't get raided by the police. This should give you an idea of what to wear:

http://www.bourneandhollingsworth.com/wp-content/gallery/proho/Prohibition-Party-10.jpg

There is also a glow party (bring white clothes for that and glow stuff) and there may be a Murder Mystery Dinner Theater as well. All these special events are fun (and romantic) to go to.

Head to deck 14 forward and go out on the Bridge wings for a sail away

There is a water fountain show on Boardwalk that many people completely miss, but watching it in the evening can be very romantic.

When in St. Thomas catch a cab to Redhook and then the ferry to St. John. Once there, go to Trunk Bay and snorkel the unique UNDERWATER National Park. Back on board try giving each other a massage.

Would that be on Orient Beach, which is clothing optional? EM

My wife and I love Orient Beach. We go there every time we are in St. Maarten. We don't partake in the nude stuff although we have walked through the nude beach before. Nothing to see there except way too confident naked people. But we like the restaurants and the beach. There are a couple of spots where we saw massage areas but it didn't look like the most private and relaxing place so maybe there is a better spot if your interested in that.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! It's getting so close, I don't know if I'm more excited for the wedding or the honeymoon lol.

I set up a rental car in St Martin based on the cab rates and also booked a couples massage with a pair of masseurs that will meet us on any beach we'd like. They recommended a very nice and private beach on the opposite corner of the island from Orient Beach so the rental car made sense since we'd really like to visit Orient Beach.

I had no idea about the prohibition party or glow party How does one find out about when and where those are on board?