Suite Parties?

KAKcruiser

Unlike HAL or Celebrity, Princess does not give any special cocktail parties, lunches, or dinners for suite guests. So you should not expect to be invited to any special event or activity. When we sailed in the Grand Suite on the Grand Princess last year, we didn't even get invited to the bridge tour (given to some Elite Princess guests on our sailing) or the Captain's table. In our case, we didn't mind and had not angled for any such type of invitation. But it surprised me that we weren't invited. So if yoy do book it, you should book it with that expectation and if you do get anything else, it will be a nice surprise.

If you have any questions about our experience in the Grand Suite (on the Grand Princess), then please feel free to email me a kacruiser@ev1.net.

Thank you for the information. We have been sailing in a suite on HAL lately and they have a welcome aboard cocktail party and suite lunch which is very nice. My favorite shopping ports are St. Thomas and St. Maarten and the Caribbean Princess does both. HAL does not like to do both ports from Fort Lauderdale for some reason.

Yes. we have sailed on HAL in suites also and have very much enjoyed the suite cocktail parties and the luncheons. On longer cruises, they have a suite dinner too which is very nice.

We really like St. Martin and St. Thomas as well. So we are booked on the August 19, 2006 Cruise Critic group cruise on the Caribbean Princess which as the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, which also includes Princess Cay, the Princess private island.

HAL isn't doing any Caribbean cruises next summer. But I know we will enjoy the Caribbean Princess.

We have great group rates, amenities including shipboard credit and a photo voucher, and will have a sailaway party and a meet and mingle. You can do as much or as little with the group as you want. Also, there is no group dining, you eat when you want.

Why don't you consider joining us? It would be great to have you aboard!

You can click on the links in the banner for info/pricing or email me at kacruiser@ev1.net for more information or if you have questions.

This thread brings back some neat memories of our first Princess cruise. We were on the Sky Princess in 1990 in an inside cabin on Lido deck among all of the suites. I think the price at that time was more than we're paying for a mini-suite on Sapphire in February!

On the subject of "suite parties", however, we received an invitation to (then) Captain Mike Moulin's cocktail party for all of the Lido deck inhabitants. This was quite a deal.....a very intimate gathering of the deserving suite inhabitants (can't imagine what they were paying at that time although one of the primary entertainers onboard and his wife were in a suite directly across from our cabin) as well as the "common folk" from the Lido inside cabins. We noticed no difference in treatment though, with a small receiving line/white glove service for appetizers and a great variety of cocktails/wine etc. Small talk with the Captain and officers - a very impressive occasion!

It was a great introduction to Princess and we've been hooked ever since, although we've never had the pleasure of this type of reception again.

I'm surprised, though, that they haven't continued this type of thing for "full suite" pax - it would certainly be a nice touch!

Rob

Archived