Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

On 3/7/2024 at 3:08 PM, wackypack1 said:

Any comments on G1 677 and 679?  Thank you!

We will fill in the form later, but just a quick response - these suites on the Splendor are noticeably smaller than the F categories, particularly the closet and the bathrooms. They are advertised as such but we were still surprised at the closet and bathroom size.  The closet door needs a stopper to stay open.  The balconies are very nice (and deep).  Only 1 TV, bedroom only.  The shower is a good size, but the hanging line is in a strange location, too close to the door.

On 3/18/2024 at 3:23 PM, 2rogues said:

Splendor 678.  Hope I’ve attached the file!  Although we said we would recommend, we definitely prefer categories F and above,  In this instance, we chose that category as value for money for an 10-day cruise, and particularly with the balcony size.

Splendor suite 678.nmbtemplate 661.88 kB · 9 downloads

2rogues - sorry, but I'm not able to open the attached template, I tried numerous different ways and all programs flag it as corrupt...can you please resend it or paste the data into a reply post?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

2rogues - sorry, but I'm not able to open the attached template, I tried numerous different ways and all programs flag it as corrupt...can you please resend it or paste the data into a reply post?  Thanks!

I will try again.  Thanks for posting, think you are on a cruise.  Will work on a readable format….

Couldn’t figure out how to link format directly, sorry.  

Input for Splendor #678

Category: G1

CC User name: 2rogues

Date sailed: March 2024

Port side, Aft

Sq.ft. cabin/balcony: 261/108

Bathroom: 1, shower only

Noise issues: Thrusters when docking

Recommend: Yes, good value for shorter cruises

Comments/concerns: Nice large balcony, small closet, closet door needed a stopper from room steward to stay open when ship was underway, nice-sized shower, but hanging line too close to shower door, limited bathroom counter space, ‘hidden’ shelves behind mirror, easy access to gym and to starboard side through door at end of hallway, TV on bedroom-side, no swivel bracket to view from living area, good blue nightlight outside bathroom door, good drawer space in closet and living area

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
  • Navigator, Suite 1125 (Navigator Suite)
  • March 4-22, 2024
  • Bathrooms - 1 (not 1-1/2 as spreadsheet currently states)
  • Separate tub and shower (no bidet as pictures from the other Nav suites show)
  • No noise issues, even though there is a "secret door" to the walking deck.  If you are standing in your closet and someone is sitting on the chairs right outside your door, you can hear muffled voices, but can't hear it anywhere else in the cabin.
  • Recommend -- absolutely!  We loved this cabin.  Even while going through Tropical Cyclone Megan, we didn't have major issues being this high (with the help of dramamine of course!)  The separate living area is a nice size, and there are curtains that block off the bedroom completely, to allow for coffee delivery from butler without being awake 🙂
  • I wouldn't hesitate to book this again.  Easy access to every floor as the elevator is right outside the room (but absolutely no noise issues).
  • I took pictures and am happy to share with someone, as I found limited pics when I was doing my research precruise.

Edited by seniormom
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2024 at 10:38 AM, seniormom said:
  • Navigator, Suite 1125 (Navigator Suite)
  • March 4-22, 2024
  • Bathrooms - 1 (not 1-1/2 as spreadsheet currently states)
  • Separate tub and shower (no bidet as pictures from the other Nav suites show)
  • No noise issues, even though there is a "secret door" to the walking deck.  If you are standing in your closet and someone is sitting on the chairs right outside your door, you can hear muffled voices, but can't hear it anywhere else in the cabin.
  • Recommend -- absolutely!  We loved this cabin.  Even while going through Tropical Cyclone Megan, we didn't have major issues being this high (with the help of dramamine of course!)  The separate living area is a nice size, and there are curtains that block off the bedroom completely, to allow for coffee delivery from butler without being awake 🙂
  • I wouldn't hesitate to book this again.  Easy access to every floor as the elevator is right outside the room (but absolutely no noise issues).
  • I took pictures and am happy to share with someone, as I found limited pics when I was doing my research precruise.

Would love to see the pics if you have time . . . we're in 939 Navigator Suite for the 24 Feb 25 MIA to MIA via the Windward/Leeward Islands and Amazon; tho not the same door number as yours, some recent pics of a Nav Suite vs the stock photos would satisfy some curiosity on our part.

On 1/5/2024 at 11:05 AM, UUNetBill said:

No reviews in yet on 800 on any of the three Explorer class ships, unfortunately - but from looking at the deck plans it appears to have a smaller balcony.  And other front-facing cabin reviews have complained about the wind, which I personally think would be a definite issue.  If you plan on using the balcony, especially if you have a lot of sea days, I'd probably opt for a standard side-facing PH cabin.

As others have commented, wind is a huge issue underway (we visited a Grand Suite Forward while underway and the wind made the expansive well-appointed veranda literally useless.  In addition, the x00-series Penthouses have solid bulkheads facing forward (vs glass on PH's with side views); this means that when you're sitting down on your veranda, you can't really view much but the inside of a solid bulkhead.  The interior of these suites is a bit larger than other PH's so the question is whether the extra interior space outweighs the veranda shortcomings. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2017 at 4:31 PM, UUNetBill said:

To submit your rating and comments, please use the following template and paste the information in a reply - I'll paste the information into the master listings as time allows. Remember, the more folks contribute, the more useful this will be!

PLEASE BE SURE AND SPECIFY WHICH SHIP YOU WERE ON! I could probably figure it out but it's a LOT easier to know up front!

CC Rating Template.xls 32.5 kB · 869 downloads

Review For Splendor

CC%20Rating%20Template.xlsx

Edited by Aloha 1