Accessibility Flam railway

chemmo

Help, have been on just about every site, post and YouTube I can find but cannot actually find what I want to know...

I use a wheelchair but have some mobility (I can walk short distances). We are looking to book the Flam railway (independently). The on line site does not say how/where the accessible seating is. If I can stay in my wheelchair (in a seat with a view) and my other two family members can sit with me that is the best scenario...if all wheelchairs are together and my family are sat away I would rather fold it and hobble to general seating....any answers would be welcomed...

We were on the Flam RW last year. Although I can't answer all your Qs, I did see the staff putting a ramp up to the last car (one closest to the station) for wheelchairs. Not sure what the interior of that car is like. I suggest that you email them and ask.

We were on the Flam RW last year. Although I can't answer all your Qs, I did see the staff putting a ramp up to the last car (one closest to the station) for wheelchairs. Not sure what the interior of that car is like. I suggest that you email them and ask.

Thanks for that we will mail them.

If anyone reading has been in this car would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know if you are sat with family...

Thanks for that we will mail them.

If anyone reading has been in this car would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know if you are sat with family...

Thanks again, Vakamalua, we have emailed, and received an acknowledgement although no answer yet...we will post when we get a response for the benefit of others who may be interested. In the meantime we would be grateful for any others sharing their experiences.

I can assure you that there is full wheelchair accessibility and family members can sit together. There are fabulous views for all. Ensure that you have informed them of your requirements as there are a limited number of wheelchairs that can be accommodated.

When we did the trip, 4 of us sat in seats facing each other. Two on each side. Not sure if all the seats can be turned either way or just some. We were in the last 2 rows of the car. Very comfortable with a lot of leg room.

Edited by lakelorain

We have now received an email back from Flam railways who have confirmed that they do have disabled slots in the first carriage with some seating for other guests adjacent and other seats nearby.

We have now booked, thanks to all for their help!

The sites along the train route are truly magical and so varied. We sat on the left side of the train, heading north. There is one stop at a beautiful waterfall, and hopefully you will have access to a closer view. Enjoy! And make sure your camera's battery is fully charged!

The sites along the train route are truly magical and so varied. We sat on the left side of the train, heading north. There is one stop at a beautiful waterfall, and hopefully you will have access to a closer view. Enjoy! And make sure your camera's battery is fully charged!

Thanks, really looking forward to it. I am not used to being in a wheelchair and have found it quite daunting to consider what trips I can do rather, than as I have always been used to, what trips I want to do. I will have the camera ready!