Coral Princess - AF Mini with no Balcony???

joyride

Hi. We are booked on the Coral Princess for 4/7/05 Panama - 3 girlfriends traveling together. I've never experienced 3 adults in a room. Currently we have an AF Mini, Cabin B202 all the way forward. This cabin is larger than most mini's because it doesn't have a balcony - just windows. I'm thinking with 3 of us the extra space in the room will be well worth it.

Has anyone been in one of these cabins? What about being so far forward, are we going to rock & roll???

<BODY>

Joyride

View my pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jverette

fish2.gif

CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION 11/20/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;20;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CORAL PRINCESS GIRL'S TRIP 4/7/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;4;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sun Princess - Caribbean Medley 4/9/2004

Grand Princess - Eastern Caribbean 8/3/2003

Grand Princess - Western Caribbean 4/6/2003

RCL Radiance - Pacific Northwest 9/2002

Star Princess - Alaska 8/2002

Crown Princess - Fall Foliage 9/2001

Sun Princess - Panama Canal 2000

Carnival Elation - Mexican Riveria 1998

The Old Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean 1997

Sun Princess - Western Caribbean 1996

RCL Viking Serenade - Baja Mexico 1994

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this up - would like to know if you have stayed in one of these cabins. Did you reget not having a balcony, or was the extra room worth it?

<BODY>

Joyride

View my pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/jverette

fish2.gif

CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION SO. CARIBBEAN 11/20/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;20;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CORAL PRINCESS PANAMA GIRL'S TRIP 4/7/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;4;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

ISLAND PRINCESS - ALASKA REVISITED (Unplugged!) 8/6/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2005;08;06;21;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Sun Princess - Caribbean Medley 4/9/2004

Grand Princess - Eastern Caribbean 8/3/2003

Grand Princess - Western Caribbean 4/6/2003

RCL Radiance - Pacific Northwest 9/2002

Star Princess - Alaska 8/2002

Crown Princess - Fall Foliage 9/2001

Sun Princess - Panama Canal 2000

Carnival Elation - Mexican Riveria 1998

The Old Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean 1997

Sun Princess - Western Caribbean 1996

RCL Viking Serenade - Baja Mexico 1994

We were in C204 on the CORAL in October. It was a great cabin and I never missed the balcony. I'm more the type to want to go out on deck anyway, then sit alone on my balcony. In any case, the cabin was huge! Very long and tons of space. More shelf and drawer space then you will ever need. The window was quite large as well with NO obstruction. Another nice thing, there was *almost* a private deck right outside my door. The door to the forward facing deck over the bow is right by these cabins. No one is ever out there (except when transiting the canal) and it's a great way to quickly get some fresh air. As for noise? None that I can speak of. It was one of the quietest cabins I've ever had.

Don't worry about it and enjoy! I think you will be happy.

Attached is a link to some pictures of the cabin.

http://public.fotki.com/eroller/coral_princess_10-2/coral_princess/

Best,

Ernie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Just back from Jan 14th 2011 Panama Canal cruise. Was booked in Mini Suite Room B202 on Baja deck. This cabin is the most forward cabin on Baja deck and does not have a balcony. It is a mini-suite with 2 flat screen tv's, a huge seating area with foldaway couch (bed), a large rectangular window, a large Queen size doublebed, Lots of closet and storage space, a good size bathroom with a tub--Yes, a full-sized tub rather than just the teeny shower we normally have. Immediately outside the cabin door is a door marked "Authorized Entry Only". This is the secret door everyone talks about. It leads to a full balcony overlooking the bow of the ship and gives a vantage point for seeing the canal that most passengers don't get. We were told by our steward that we were allowed to go out there during the canal transit and we did, in fact, go out there many times during the entire cruise. On our cruise, we were joined by about 20 fellow passengers and really got to see the workings of the locks. All the passengers with private balconies got a side view of the locks. We got to see the locks head on, coming right at us. Directly above us was the Captain and Pilot steering the ship, so we knew we were at the best vantage point. Don't overlook these Mini-Suites as they are a good buy for the money. Although they are forward on the ship, most of the Main activities on the Coral Princess take place forward on the ship. It's a short walk to the nearest elevators to get to the Lido deck, Dining, or the Theater. I would highly recommend this cabin to anyone who likes a little more room. We are seasoned travellers and this was our 16th cruise. We did not miss having a balcony at all.

We were in C204 on the CORAL in October. It was a great cabin and I never missed the balcony. I'm more the type to want to go out on deck anyway, then sit alone on my balcony. In any case, the cabin was huge! Very long and tons of space. More shelf and drawer space then you will ever need. The window was quite large as well with NO obstruction. Another nice thing, there was *almost* a private deck right outside my door. The door to the forward facing deck over the bow is right by these cabins. No one is ever out there (except when transiting the canal) and it's a great way to quickly get some fresh air. As for noise? None that I can speak of. It was one of the quietest cabins I've ever had.

Don't worry about it and enjoy! I think you will be happy.

Attached is a link to some pictures of the cabin.

http://public.fotki.com/eroller/coral_princess_10-2/coral_princess/

Best,

Ernie

All I get is this error message with this link.

Member Not Found

Maybe, there is error in link or link is outdated.

If you believe this is error don't hesitate to contact us.

We were in C201 on the Coral last year going through the Panama Canal. I don't know how to post photos on here but you could e-mail me at frannieg62@hotmail.com and I'd be happy to send them to you if interested. I really liked this cabin. It was the very front cabin so no people ever walking past it at night - very quiet and lots of room.

Archived