Msc drone policy?

tjlj

Oh yea. They sell them in the photography shop tables set up in the photo areas... kinda funny.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Look I can only quote you from their revised website.

I presume there has been a tightening due to world affairs and security.

I will drop them a note to highlight the disparity you mention - I am sure they will sort that out.

Look I can only quote you from their revised website.

I presume there has been a tightening due to world affairs and security.

I will drop them a note to highlight the disparity you mention - I am sure they will sort that out.

I would venture to guess this is more of old policy and they haven't updated the website. As others have pointed out, most cruise lines are updating their policy to allow you to check your drone upon boarding the ship and allow you to check it out when you leave the ship in port. This seems to make the most sense and it should in no way affect other passengers on the boat.

That being said, I have a Mavic and have had at least two friends buy Mavics since seeing mine. They both were blown away by all the comments they got from people asking if they were going to be using their new drone to spy on people. I don't get why everyone thinks that they are so important that i would want to spy on them with my drone. I care about capturing a unique angle of my kids playing or an aerial view of my backyard. I couldn't care less what goes on with other people.

Oh yea. They sell them in the photography shop tables set up in the photo areas... kinda funny.

Were these toys or were they DJI type drones. Also I saw that you brought your Mavic, I wonder if you weren't stopped because most people wouldn't recognize it as a drone in it's folded state. I have an extended family trip scheduled on the seaside in Januarry and was really hoping to bring my Mavic with me.

Edited by mabird1980

They were small toy quads. Prob more like spark size. But a quad( drone, uav) no less... the size of the mavic is awesome. Nobody wants quads zipping overhead when your at the beach. I fly responsibility and I may not fly at all... if the conditions are not right. I always abide by local laws though. The funny part is I just got off the ship last week and I looked hard for the signs. But I didnt find any about quads. Eventually I predict we will have quad excursions. Love my mavic.

I would venture to guess this is more of old policy and they haven't updated the website. As others have pointed out, most cruise lines are updating their policy to allow you to check your drone upon boarding the ship and allow you to check it out when you leave the ship in port. This seems to make the most sense and it should in no way affect other passengers on the boat.

That being said, I have a Mavic and have had at least two friends buy Mavics since seeing mine. They both were blown away by all the comments they got from people asking if they were going to be using their new drone to spy on people. I don't get why everyone thinks that they are so important that i would want to spy on them with my drone. I care about capturing a unique angle of my kids playing or an aerial view of my backyard. I couldn't care less what goes on with other people.

On carnival I just walked on no problems also. But I printed their policy. We are booked on seaside.

No I can assure you that this the latesty info as I have received in in my info for my sailing in August of this year.

Unless you don't watch world news, you will unnderstand why in Europe security checks and all electronic devices are being carefully screened and security overall is being tightened.

Ember 50. Please just tell us what your are scared of? We are going to use the drone to take the ship out with some kind of explosive? Ever seen the planes flying all around the ship. The ship is a big target... My little drone can only lift 2 lbs... So it's really not going to carry much...

Didn't Jimmy and Amanda have one with them? I am sure they used it in some of their videos in the Good the Bad and the Ugly thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

He said in the video that they took it from him while boarding.

Just got off Fantasia and saw a kid running a done on the pool deck. I never saw it again though, so wondered if it got confiscated. I do think it is funny they sell them in the photo shop.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ember 50. Please just tell us what your are scared of? We are going to use the drone to take the ship out with some kind of explosive? Ever seen the planes flying all around the ship. The ship is a big target... My little drone can only lift 2 lbs... So it's really not going to carry much...

I'm not a safety expert - I've just quoted you the MSC policy.

They have tightened safety protocols for a reason.

Not for me to question this rule or any other.

I hope most passengers boarding any cruise ship do so wanting to be compliant to all safety requirements (whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant).

• 2 months later...

Just got off the phone with MSC about my upcoming cruise and i asked about how they handle drones. I was told that they would stow the drone while the ship is underway but that i would be able to take it off the ship with me when in the various ports. This seems to be the way most cruiselines are now handling drones and i have no issue with it.

I'm not sure i understand what your point is. Depending on Context "NO DRONE ZONE" can mean different things. It could and probably does mean, no flying of drones in the area which would be completely understandable. This wouldn't be in conflict with the information that i received directly from MSC.