Princess Responds to Letter from 5/15 Diamond Passenger

bjkTX

Just thought I'd pass a note that after our 5/15 cruise to Alaska I sent Princess a letter expressing my displeasure over several things that went wrong on that cruise. I told them I realized they were not at fault for the most part, but that they hadn't done anything to make it better either.

I didn't ask for anything and I didn't make any demands - I just told them what was on my mind.

In today's mail I received a postcard saying they had received my letter and that I could expect a reply within 4-6 weeks.

Also in today's mail was a letter from Princess apologizing for each situation I mentioned in my letter, and wanted to assure me that this isn't typical of how Princess wants people treated.

They also gave me a $300 discount on a future cruise if I book in the next 18 months ($150 each).

Not sure I'll book another cruise, but I appreciated the thoughtful response and the offer.

I am not surprised, for all the bumps they seem to be very adept at working towards a solution. I have sailed other lines I know for a fact wouldn't care as much about retaining me as a future cruise client.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

That was an awful experience and terrible accident. I would not hold it as the standard though. Most people seem pretty happy with Princess for the most part. I would be really happy and book my next cruise with that great discount. Hope you can do that and have a wonderful time!

Carnival Legend 12/05/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;12;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2005;09;17;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Veendam 11/26/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2005;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Could you please tell what address you mailed your letter to? I also was on the 5/15 Diamond, wrote to the corporate office and have heard nothing back from them. Maybe I sent it to the wrong place. Thanks!

I was on the May 22nd sailing of the Diamond, I sent a letter explaining my disappointment to them, I also received an e-mail telling me they were looking into the matter, no sight of a credit, but it at least tells me what happended on the ship is of concern to them, I also did not demand anything or get rude, just told them my feelings about the situations, makes me feel better that they are at least concerned with my feelings,

I'm not sure where I sent my letter - I did it on my computer at work so i don't hace access to it right now. But here is where the response came from (I'm sure it's the same place):

Passenger Relations

Princess cruises

24305 Town Center Drive

Santa Clarita, CA 91355-4999

I faxed my letter to:

Fax 661-284-4747. From the date I received my post card I can surmise that it was mailed immediately upon receipt.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Hey I got a letter today too, w/the $300 towards a future cruise. I had faxed them last week, in regards to the same type of things.

This DOES make me think about booking w/princess again, I really was done w/cruising for a year or two anyhow, and considered going with another line, but this goes a way in helping Princess be back at the top of my list!

(though I will go out of miami or ft lauderdale for whatever that next cruise will be lol, its a LOT closer than seattle) icon_smile.gif

carol t

My experience with Princess is good.

After my illness on board the crew where extremely kind to me and as I mentioned in an earlier post ordered me special food in the dining room,even sent a note to my cabin stating the fact that any special diet requests just let them know on my way into the dining room.Little extras in my stateroom ect.

Yes I have already booked my next cruise with Princess I feel safe and comfortable with them.

Feel sorry regarding the accident in Victoria.Think this was a fluck happening and even took Princess by suprise.If this ever happens again,lets hope not,they will be more prepared. icon_smile.gif

Carol,

Funny you should say that. Took the Mrs to dinner tonight and all we talked about was cruising since the letter came today. The 5/15 Diamond cruise was our 2nd cruise (Golden to canada 2 years ago) and I pretty well decided we wouldn't go again. Since dinner I've been looking (at her urging) at Panama Canal and Caribbean cruises out of FL or Galveston (close to home). It's like looking at puppies or new cars I'm afraid :-) Good luck!

Hmmm... I wonder if all passengers on that cruise will receive the credit. I don't want to send a letter because we had a great time but for a few hours of confusion the last day. I did read on another message board that Princess repaid a passenger $500 for airfare they had to pay out of pocket. Thanks for the info.

Majesty of the Seas (2)

Norwegian Dawn

Monarch of the Seas

Diamond Princess Alaska

Grand Princess 9/04

Archived