Trip Insurance through Carnival

2paradise

Hi

I purchased trip insurance through Carnival for our October 2017 cruise. All charges for the cruise including the trip insurance are paid in full.

With everything I have been reading on these boards though, I think I need to purchase trip insurance through an independent company.

I was able to login to my Carnival profile and Cancel the insurance for Oct. My question is, now what happens to the credit. I think I have a $288 credit now. Will they send that to me? Or will I have to use it as an OBC?

Any insight is welcome.

Thanks

At present you have a credit to your cruise account, but not on a ship.

I believe if you do nothing, then eventually they will credit it back to the form of payment you used to pay for the cruise/insurance originally.

If you want it as an obc or just back now I would call carnival and ask them to process it asap.

I should have added, the credit does not show up online. It just still says paid in full....with the option to ADD the trip insurance.

They will refund that $288 to the card to used to make payment.

Note that it could take a full billing cycle for the credit to show on your credit card statement. (This would be on the credit card issuer not on Carnival.)

Just curious were you able to find an independent travel insurance that will insure you "after booking?" I was going to do the same thing you did but when I contacted 2 different companies they told me I needed to book the insurance with them the same time me I booked the cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious were you able to find an independent travel insurance that will insure you "after booking?" I was going to do the same thing you did but when I contacted 2 different companies they told me I needed to book the insurance with them the same time me I booked the cruise?

Plenty of insurance providers will allow you to purchase after booking; but they will exclude pre-existing conditions and cancel for any reason coverage. For those two coverages you generally have to purchase the policy within so many days of booking - or else people would wait until they needed to cancel and then book cancel for any reason insurance.

We use insuremytrip website to compare the plans and pick the one we want for the trip. Usually you have to purchase insurance within 2 weeks of first payment to get cancel for any reason or pre existing. Usually we find it less expensive than booking direct

GeoBlue which is Blue Cross/Shield international.....they have many plans, their best plan is called Voyager Choice and yes it does cover pre-existing conditions and covers up to 1 million dollars, no out of pocket expenses and pays 100% surgery, doctors visits, X-rays, prescriptions, ambulance, everything plus they give you 500k in emergency evacuation...yes you do have to go in network and before purchasing the plan your able to look up which hospital, doctors and clinics are available to get the full coverage and trust me they are excellent hospitals and doctors! If you go out of network you pay 20% I believe, getting this plan can't be so simple a phone call, choose your plan and they sign you right up and upon hanging up the phone they immediately send you an email with a registration number you enter on their site and you print out your medical card. It does not cover cancel for any reason or trip cancellation coverage but you have excellent medical care should you need it and thats a huge piece of mind.