Barcelona airport to cruise terminal transfer advice?

cjc23

We've booked package with NCL which includes transfer from barcelona airport to NCL Epic in May. Has anyone done this? Was the transfer prompt or lots of hanging about waiting for others? Considering booking a private taxi for £40 so once off plane we can head straight to port and no delays however welcome your experience and views?

The only NCL transfer we have ever done was at Barcelona, a few years ago. It did take quite a while, as we were waiting for the bus to fill up. The time from finding the NCL rep to leaving was about an hour.

I wouldn't book a transfer though. Taxis are easy to find at the airport, so I would keep your options open. If it looks like it will take a while for the NCL transfer to fill then you can always jump in a taxi if you want.

We have used suntransfers many times between the airport and the cruiseport. Very reliable and you can book what size car you think you may need (upto a thirty seat bus). Ends up costing no more than a regular taxi and if there are 2 or more people cheaper than the transfers. It is only a 20 minute ride depending on the time of day/traffic.

cjc23, we booked the same transfer through NCL last September from Barcelona going to the port to get on the Epic. Not too impressed as we had to wait at the airport in Barcelona to find anybody from NCL. Eventually, another passenger rang through and a rep turned up. Waited another 10/15 minutes for the coach to arrive, but then it went to the other terminal to pick up other passengers. Probably took over an hour to get to the port. Not a major problem as it was still only about 11.30am, but a bit messy. The return back into Barcelona was also a bit of a mess as at 5.30am in the morning we were hanging around waiting to get on the correct coach. the NCL reps were not too sure which coaches were going where. As Keith says, taxis are abundant but if you have already booked NCL, you can cancel now and switch to making your own way there and back

Last March we exited the airport in Barcelona to be met with zero people in the taxi queue. We were at our hotel (at the port) 25 minutes at most after leaving the terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That was more or less our experience, 2 minute wait for taxi and straight to the port in about 20 minutes!

The one advantage to the transfer though is that if things are running late, etc. ...they will wait for you. We did a transfer the other direction from ship to airport and left within 10 minutes of finding the bus; so, the wait, etc. may not be as bad as some are saying. If you have a little bit of time and want to see some of Barcelona, I recommend Barcelona Day Tours. They will pick you up from the airport, tour with you and then drop off at cruise terminal/hotel/etc. We did that when we came in and it was wonderful. (I know that was not what was asked, but thought it might be an option if you had a little bit of time)