Anthem: Serious Itinerary Conflict Within RCCL

Okay so I haven't been able to get anywhere with this and need help from someone to help RCCL fix their screw up. This is for the April 9th sailing of the Anthem, 8 night cruise. The first picture is the itinerary that me and every person booked on the cruise, sees. They changed the itinerary some time ago, switching around the 2nd and 3rd port and changing the times. The second picture is what the entire crew on the Anthem ship sees as being the itinerary, which happens to be the way it looked before it changed online. I received it specifically from Ricardo, our concierge. I also have spoken with Ben Shuttleworth from the dive center and he gave me that same, old itinerary. Furthermore, Ben checked with officers on the bridge and they confirmed to him, that the old itinerary is the right one. I called RCCL and they said the one showing online is the correct itinerary. I explained that the crew on the ship doesn't have that schedule and they pretty much just said, well that's the schedule. It's a pretty big screw up when an entire ship's crew has one schedule while corporate has another they are showing to passengers on a cruise that is 5 days away. Basically I believe RCCL changed things around and the ship doesn't know and at this point, seems they won't know until Sunday comes?? What can I do and who can be contacted to let RCCL know they have a screw up here and need to contact the ship to give them the correct itinerary? This doesn't affect me and my family that much, as all our excursions are through the ship in Nassau but I know people who have private excursions booked there for the day they see in the cruise planner and they deserve to know which of these schedules is correct or for the ship to be updated with the correct one!!! Help Please.

Itinerary as seen on cruise planner and by RCCL when you call them. e811601ab2c2da1bf74918867c280cc5.jpg

Itinerary as seen by the crew on the ship, including bridge. 0db4bf54e86c7b21e4bf44ea0239d4fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Various UK Travel Agency sites i've looked at for this sailing have it listed as:

Visiting: Cape Liberty, New Jersey > Port Canaveral > Nassau > CocoCay > Cape Liberty, New Jersey

Seems like the US Website is not updated

I am going to guess that the ship is correct with Port Canaveral, Nassau & then Coco Cay. The itinerary shown on the website is what Anthem typically does, but Majesty of the Seas is in Coco Cay on Thursday which is probably what is causing the switch.

I am going to guess that the ship is correct with Port Canaveral, Nassau & then Coco Cay. The itinerary shown on the website is what Anthem typically does, but Majesty of the Seas is in Coco Cay on Thursday which is probably what is causing the switch.

Majesty is in Coco Cay on Tuesday the 11th and not back there again until the 16th.

The members of the roll call say they received notice that Nassau and Coco Cay were switched a few months ago. It better be because we're on GR and are due in Coco Cay on Friday the 14th and everyone is basing their plans on us being there alone. It has been switched on multiple itineraries. This year it seems they switched Anthem. Next April we're doing the same itinerary in late April on GR, and we received notice that our itinerary has Nassau and Coco Cay switched so that we're not there with another ship. What the concierge has does not mean that's what the bridge has btw. I have found that cruisett doesn't change after the initial data is input. It still showed original itineraries after changes in the past.

Majesty is in Coco Cay on Tuesday the 11th and not back there again until the 16th.

As I said in my above post, GR and Anthem were scheduled together on the 14th. Anthem was switched to the 13th a few months ago according to the roll call for the Apr 9th cruise.

The members of the roll call say they received notice that Nassau and Coco Cay were switched a few months ago. It better be because we're on GR and are due in Coco Cay on Friday the 14th and everyone is basing their plans on us being there alone. It has been switched on multiple itineraries. This year it seems they switched Anthem. Next April we're doing the same itinerary in late April on GR, and we received notice that our itinerary has Nassau and Coco Cay switched so that we're not there with another ship. What the concierge has does not mean that's what the bridge has btw. I have found that cruisett doesn't change after the initial data is input. It still showed original itineraries after changes in the past.

Makes sense and I believe that what the website says it what is correct. I just don't get why the crew wouldn't know, days before that sailing. I have seen that change on the website, since sometime last year; though I noticed people seemed to not know until January this year. As for the concierge and the bridge, it was another staff member, from the dive center, who actually went to the bridge staff and checked what they showed for the itinerary. That's how I found out that the officers on the bridge also still have that old itinerary.

Me being a pilot for an airline doesn't care or know about my next flight until it is time for that flight. I feel the ships officers r the same way. The hq knows the itinerary but when it is time for the sailing hq will brief the captain and he will sail to where they tell him and when. Royal has sent all the pax an itinerary change notice which is all that really matters at this point. I'm sure the crew doesn't care till it is sailing time. If it turns outs they don't actually change the itinerary then it is on royal for all the mix up, but at this point with them still 5 days out the crew is fixed on their current voyage.

I fail to see why this is of any concern as long as the passengers are making their plans with the correct itinerary.

I don't see the issue either... the issue will arise if we get on the ship and they don't sail the revised itinerary and everyone has to rebook their excursions. But till that happens I don't know why people are worried that the crew doesn't know about the itinerary change.

I fail to see why this is of any concern as long as the passengers are making their plans with the correct itinerary.

Seriously? Have you ever been to Coco Cay with two ships? 6600 people on that island is way too many. The one time we were there with another ship, we were on Enchantment and I can't remember the other ship, but it was at about 5000 people combined and it was a drizzly cool day and the island was packed plus tendering took forever because they had to split the tenders that operate. So, I guess as long as it doesn't impact your vacation, then whatever, right?

Seriously? Have you ever been to Coco Cay with two ships? 6600 people on that island is way too many. The one time we were there with another ship, we were on Enchantment and I can't remember the other ship, but it was at about 5000 people combined and it was a drizzly cool day and the island was packed plus tendering took forever because they had to split the tenders that operate. So, I guess as long as it doesn't impact your vacation, then whatever, right?

I've been there with 2 ships and everyone was happy, besides a few people who thought they were the only ones on vacation. Say there is gonna b 2 ships at cococay what are you gonna do about? Nothing, if u r not happy you can't cancel ur excursions and stay onboard.

I wasn't talking about that at all. The OP was concerned the CREW didn't have the itinerary that the passengers did and wanted them to 'fix their screw up'. Frankly it's not something a passenger should be worried about. As long as the ship ends up going where the passengers were communicated it would go, and where they made plans, that's what is important. Not RC's internal communication procedures, or lack thereof in this case.

I wasn't talking about that at all. The OP was concerned the CREW didn't have the itinerary that the passengers did and wanted them to 'fix their screw up'. Frankly it's not something a passenger should be worried about. As long as the ship ends up going where the passengers were communicated it would go, and where they made plans, that's what is important. Not RC's internal communication procedures, or lack thereof in this case.

If you're not on one of the ships that could be affected, then I guess you wouldn't care and it's not really any of your business.. And, if the OP wants to be concerned that there's a mixup, then that's his prerogative. Not yours to tell us what we should and shouldn't be concerned about.

So, when were you in Coco Cay with two ships and which ships were they? I know recently someone posted that with just Anthem there it was very crowded. I'm betting you weren't there, if you were, with two ships that had a total of over 6600 passengers.

That was my point as well. No passenger should be calling, emailing royal saying the crew doesn't have the itinerary change you need to fix that. Really royal could do whatever they want with the itinerary. They could turn around and say we are going to labadee and st marteen and then what.

We are in Nassau on Friday the 14th as seen in the revised itinerary. We had an excursion booked that day through Royal C and earlier this week we received a cancellation email saying our excursion won't happen due to the excursion provider being closed for the holiday (Good Friday). A number of Nassau excursions were then pulled off the cruise planner. So now we just plan to wing it when we get off the ship and see what is open despite the holiday. Too bad we couldn't have had the original itinerary which would have had us in CocoCay on the holiday instead and in Nassau on a day everything is open.