Pacific Coastal on Ruby - Oct/Nov - Weather?

csmith2205

Hi, my wife and I are looking at booking a Pacific Coastal cruise on the Ruby in October/November 2018. We're from the UK and I was wondering what sort of weather we should expect at this time of year in the ports and at sea - LA, SF, Monterey, San Diego and Ensenada?

Thanks

October is normally quite pleasant still. Days will still be warm with cooler evenings. Weather will become cooler in November with possibility of some rain, but our rainy season in Southern California is usually in January/February. It can be a bit windy during this time of year as well, so not sure how that affects life on board.

Actually, you have the possibility to get some very pleasant weather in San Francisco and Monterey that time of year. The Fall can actually be quite nice. Once you get down past San Diego and head for Ensenada you will get some warmer weather as well. Of course you will have some chilly days at sea but we have done this itinerary at this time of year a few times and it has most always been quite pleasant. Pack "layers" for safety and be sure to have a light jacket or windbreaker. Enjoy. We are doing this cruise out of San Francisco in October of this year.

Since you're from the UK, the weather will probably feel much warmer than you're used to at that time of year. On the average, you will probably encounter a little of these things: fog, rain, wind and A LOT of sunshine.

Ensenada is usually cooler than San Diego, not warmer. You don't get that kind of warmth until you get much farther south.

We've some more than one coastal in October or November, and we lucked out with great weather every time. It's possible to get cold and rainy, but not so likely in those months.You can get fog any time of the year on the West Coast.

I am from San Francisco... live in the bay area, September, October and November months have some of the best weather on the west coast generally.... March by comparison you more of a chance for rain... depends on whether we are having a draught... this year... it is still raining it April... I would go in the fall vs spring any year.

Even so... at sea it is cooler, never that warm 60 degrees at best off the California coast... in port you might see warmer weather around 70 ... varies from day to day... so like others say dress in layers... still a great time of year here.