Island Princess Amuleto Cafe

hydrodriver831

On the Island Princess page ( on Princess Website) under dining venues it has Amuleto Cafe. Is this venue in the Horizon Court and if so, what hours does it operate and what can I expect to find there. We will be on the Island in May for a North/South B2B. This will be our first experience on Princess without an IC, so looking for an alternative. The La Patisserie sounds like it has very limited pastries and sandwiches. Thanks in advance.

On the Island Princess page ( on Princess Website) under dining venues it has Amuleto Cafe. Is this venue in the Horizon Court and if so, what hours does it operate and what can I expect to find there. We will be on the Island in May for a North/South B2B. This will be our first experience on Princess without an IC, so looking for an alternative. The La Patisserie sounds like it has very limited pastries and sandwiches. Thanks in advance.

Go here for info..

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/dining-included/amuleto-cafe.html

Given its not on the deck plans I suspect it is in the Horizon Court dessert area. Either that or it will replace LaPatisserie. I looked at a recent Patter and saw no mention of it, so not sure if it is actually on that ship yet. Notably LaPatisserie is NOT listed as a dining venue on the Island page.

It's a dessert counter and coffee bar at the forward part of the HC.

Yep. But good luck finding anybody who can make you a snazzy coffee there. We found it unstaffed in June.

Uh, we just got off after 15 days and I guess it's in HC (per the pic above), but it isn't distinguished much from the rest of the buffet. Just a place in the center where the toast and pastries were in the morning and desserts where during the rest of the day. We hit it up regularly for oatmeal raisin cookies (oh and here's a tip, if your favorite cookies aren't out, ask for them. There's often some behind the counter). It seemed to be open same time as the rest of the buffet. And for us, the coffee/bar area seemed to be opened during regular lunch and dinner hours. Sometimes I did have to find someone to get me my glass of wine for lunch or dinner, so if someone wasn't there, just ask one of the wait staff.

We were on the Island in Feb. loved this area for waffles and toppings in the morning. The coffee bar was great for specialty coffees with good service. All day there were cakes, cookies, nice desserts.