Adventure of the Seas or Carnival Vista for a southern?

With 2 teenage girls who probably won't spend a ton of time in the teen clubs (14 and 17 so won't be in the same club).

Vista is 8 day with St. Maarten, San Juan, Grand Turk, and St. Kitts. Departs from Miami.

Adventure is 7 day with St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua. Departs out of San Juan.

Thoughts? Thanks!

While admittedly partial to RCI, nonetheless the itinerary IMO is much better on Adventure. And the departure time is late from SJ so you also have time to visit Old San Juan during the day prior to departure. That would be - and has been in the past - my choice.

And to be honest, the itinerary referenced with Carnival is really an Eastern Caribbean - the only real Southern of the two is Adventure. While nice islands, none of the ports of call with the Carnival itinerary are considered part of the Southern Caribbean. St. Lucia, Antigua, and Barbados all are.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Adventure built 2001, refurbished 2014

Vista built 2016

Vista has the Havana suites which would be fab. It has a water park and ropes course and all kinds of things to do onboard for the girls. For you, there is the spa thermal suite.

I think both itineraries are good. But Adventure is more of a Southern Caribbean cruise. I love sailing from San Juan and there is a resort there with a water park that would be a great place to stay with the girls prior to your cruise.

http://www.elconresort.com

Hard to choose. If you have not been to these ports, I would say either would be a great cruise, but I'd kind of lean towards the Vista since she is so new.

Both ships are nearly identical in size but Adventure carries 1000 fewer quests. I read a strange review from the review section at the top of the page. Referring to Vista it stated..Con: Dining room menus repeat too often and dishes dubbed too fancy by Carnival's passengers.. Hard to belive food prep is to fancy. happy cruising

Both ships are nearly identical in size but Adventure carries 1000 fewer quests. I read a strange review from the review section at the top of the page. Referring to Vista it stated..Con: Dining room menus repeat too often and dishes dubbed too fancy by Carnival's passengers.. Hard to belive food prep is to fancy. happy cruising

I would love an explanation of the "too fancy" food comments as well especially considering Carnival has things on their menu like fried chicken tenders, bbq St. Louis pork ribs, meatloaf, breaded and fried shrimp with French Fries and Southern Fried Chicken. If they think that is too fancy, I really wonder what these people want to eat? They must be the same ones who want to eat hamburgers, french fries, pizza and hotdogs on cruises.

Thanks so much! We have not been to any of the ports except St. Maarten. The girls liked Captain Bob's tour so much they want to go again. We have not been to Miami or San Juan for embarkation.

We have only been on Disney Magic and Freedom of the Seas. We have not been on a Carnival cruise yet. The girls liked both. They both will probably will spend time with each other and are not too adventurous (they like watching the florider, but do not want to try it).

Thanks for the suggestion of the hotel in San Juan. It looks awesome!

If you have been on Freedom of the Seas you will feel right at home on adventure they are practically the same The Adventures of little smaller and does not have the Flowrider and the rock climbing wall but in general they are very very similar ships