Special Family Offer

ORV

I don't not like children, I'm anxiously awaiting grandkids! However, ar this stage of my life I am looking forward to a different kind of vacation. When grandkids do come and I want to take them on a cruise I will select a cruise line that caters to the needs of children. For their 50th anniversary sailing with the entire family my parents chose NCL for that reason. Their first choice has always been Celebrity but they realized in that particular instance it would not be the best choice. Two years ago I took mt son and neice on a repositioning from Chile to Miami on Celebrity and while on board there was nothing much for them to do. A better choice probably would have been Royal or NCL. Thankfully they found a family with teens their age and hung wirh them most of the sailing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

It's all about knowing your children/grandkids - it's the parents' responsibility. If you know your kids will be fine with adults and not miss others their age and can entertain themselves, then bring them. If you think they"ll be bored without others their age, then don;t bring them. You are the adult here then act like one. You make many choices for them as they are growing up - hopefully most of them are correct. This is just another choice you need to make for them. Don't put all kids "in the same bag" beacuase they are all different - just like us adults. I have met many an adult over the years that I didn't want around me on a cruise and was embarassed for their behavior.

You know what, I have raised 2 amazing children. A very successful 27 year old ornithologist and a 20 year old serving our nation in the US Army....don't question my parenting. My post was not an attack!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I am most definitely not questioning your parenting as I know nothing about you. You must be proud of your children I quoted you because this is what you said:

Two years ago I took mt son and neice on a repositioning from Chile to Miami on Celebrity and while on board there was nothing much for them to do. A better choice probably would have been Royal or NCL.

So while I am sure your parenting is fine, in this case you might have made the wrong choice - we all do at some time or another. My statement was not a personal attack on you or your parenting but a general statement that it is up to the parents who know their children best to choose the right cruise line

Apologies if you felt personally attacked - that was not my intention.

Edited by Paulchili

Oh no, I hope no one tells my son or he'll want to come on our honeymoon! Not this time lol.

I suspect he would love Oceania though. He loves excellent food and service and is good at entertaining himself.