Strange Food Question -- Eggs Benedict

mpp1031

OK, so it's a weird question, but it came to mind, so here goes:

My most favorite breakfast, in the history of forever, is Eggs Benedict (and more precisely *SALMON* eggs benedict).

Does Celebrity serve that? It's not going to ruin my cruise if they don't... that much.

Well, if you really need a fix.....

Order lox and eggs benedict.

Hold off on consuming the lox until the main course arrives.

Lift the egg off the Canadian bacon and English muffin.

Remove the Canadian bacon.

Place the salmon on the English muffin.

Replace the egg lid.

Enjoy!

Les ;)

Yes, just ask. I just got off the Mercury a week ago. Eggs Salmon Benedict and Eggs Florentine were not on the dining room menu (same breakfast menu everyday on Mercury and I think at least on some of the other ships too), but my husband and I asked for Eggs Benedict but with smoked salmon/lox instead of ham/Canadian bacon and got it. We also requested Eggs Florentine and again no problem. The only problems were a couple times the poached eggs were hard and one time the waiter didn't know what "Florentine" was, but we just had to clarify "spinach" instead of meat and we got what we requested. Eggs Florentine was also on the lunch menu one day in the dining room. We've requested the same on a couple other Celebrity ships and had no problem in receiving what we requested.

Well, from the responses, I'm certainly more optimistic than I was initially!

I came to love "salmon" eggs Benedict on our honeymoon in Canada. Until then, I had never heard of it, either. Sure was incredible, though.

Thanks for the info--- I'm SURE we'll ask, first thing.

do you remember when..... Celebrity used to place a slice of black olive on top ?????

RCI killed that :(

love them still though and I guess I must be missing something cause I have not heard about the EB's with salmon. Hope to try them soon.

OOH, Bob, try some variety! All sorts of versions you can have.:)

We used to get "Eggs Bresdeau" - the name was made up by the chef in this small restaurant- substitute filet for the bacon, and bernaise sauce for the hollandaise! If you're a red meat eater, it's the only breakfast to have! On board, you'd probably have to ask ahead (day before) for this. Beats plain old "Steak and Eggs" any day.

Best to Jude!:D

Andrew

Archived