Epic crowded? Thinking of upgrading to Haven with 10 year old

jamier75

Epic - Mediterranean - late June 2017. I am trying to decide if we are going to upgrade to the Haven area. We are currently in a large balcony. I have a few questions.

1. I have read many reviews that the food in the Haven restaurant takes a tremendous amount of time and service is very slow. Is this true for the main dining rooms as well? I am just trying to gauge if 1.5 hours for dinner is about average.

2. I have read that the Epic is extremely crowded. Especially at the pools. Is this true?

3.We have a 10 year old son who is very active and social. Will he enjoy the Haven pool? Will we end up spending more time at the standard pool.

4. If you have stayed in Haven with a child (around my sons age), what did they enjoy most on the ship? Where did they spend most of their time?

Thanks!

I haven't stayed in Haven yet. But the big thing will be what if there aren't any kids his age in Haven? Will you let him play elsewhere with friends whilst you're in Haven? If not, then maybe not the best idea.

My girls will be old enough to come and go anywhere on the ship, so we can be in Posh or Haven without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

He will be almost 10, so we certainly would not let him wander the ship by himself. I am most concerned about the crowds at the pools. I don't mind hanging out at the larger pools, if that is where he wants to be. We don't plan on going to Posh, unless he ends up going to the kids club. Port days are for us and the ship is for him. I have some thinking to do and would love to hear from others.

Re the crowding by the main pool. The area on deck 16 looking down on the pool deck is ideal if you don't need to be right by the pool. Less busy early on in the day up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Epic - Mediterranean - late June 2017. I am trying to decide if we are going to upgrade to the Haven area. We are currently in a large balcony. I have a few questions.

1. I have read many reviews that the food in the Haven restaurant takes a tremendous amount of time and service is very slow. Is this true for the main dining rooms as well? I am just trying to gauge if 1.5 hours for dinner is about average.

2. I have read that the Epic is extremely crowded. Especially at the pools. Is this true?

3.We have a 10 year old son who is very active and social. Will he enjoy the Haven pool? Will we end up spending more time at the standard pool.

4. If you have stayed in Haven with a child (around my sons age), what did they enjoy most on the ship? Where did they spend most of their time?

Thanks!

The service in the Haven Restaurant was by no means that long, unless you want to spread out your dining experinece. Just off a full Epic sail this past March. If you have to get to a show they will serve you quicker. Didnt use main dining rooms so no idea of how long in those venues.

There was a good amount of kids enjoying the Haven pool and tubs on our trip. They were all well behaved and looked like they were having a good time. However, your son would probably enjoy the main deck with the slides.

The service in the Haven Restaurant was by no means that long, unless you want to spread out your dining experinece. Just off a full Epic sail this past March. If you have to get to a show they will serve you quicker. Didnt use main dining rooms so no idea of how long in those venues.

There was a good amount of kids enjoying the Haven pool and tubs on our trip. They were all well behaved and looked like they were having a good time. However, your son would probably enjoy the main deck with the slides.

Thank you. This is helpful. We just bid to upgrade to Haven. We decided if he wanted to go to the slides we would just hang out at the main pool when he wants to go. The Haven just sounded TOO fantastic to pass up. But, my TA checked and said that as of right now there are no Havens available.....so I doubt we will get it...unless someone cancels their trip.:loudcry:

The Havens pool and hot tubs would be fine for your son.

BUT,,,, the itinerary is port intensive. Many ports are far from the main cities like Rome making the days ashore long leaving little time for swimming. If you are upgrading for a pool, may not be needed.

The Havens restaurant can be as slow or fast as you want. We have done 4 courses in less than an hour when we are trying to make a show.

The Havens pool and hot tubs would be fine for your son.

BUT,,,, the itinerary is port intensive. Many ports are far from the main cities like Rome making the days ashore long leaving little time for swimming. If you are upgrading for a pool, may not be needed.

The Havens restaurant can be as slow or fast as you want. We have done 4 courses in less than an hour when we are trying to make a show.

Thank you for the reply. No we would be using the Haven more for the butler, being able to eat better meals in our room, concierge, priority on/off ship, etc. The pool actually looked quiet (and boring)....which is how we may like it some days. We decided we are going to try to upgrade but know that our son may want to go out to the main pool more often. Thanks,