Suite perks help - freedom vs adventure vs NCL?!?

Hello everyone!

We just took our first family cruise on Allure last week and loved it! We had a suite and the royal suite class perks (sky class) were phenomenal.

We are looking at booking some future cruises (as a couple and separately with kids) and need help. Specifically, the Freedom and Adventure of the seas both intrigue us for the itinerary and ship/port locations. Recognizing these are not oasis class, can someone help in describing their experience with the suite class perks on these ships?

Do either of these ships include:

- suite sun deck / other private area

- suite only restaurant

- concierge / suite lounge access

- free drinks in lounge (all day or only during a happy hour?)

- free internet access (1 device pp?)

DH and I heard a lot about NCL's Haven from other cruisers last week. Sounds like Haven tops even the oasis class suite perks. However, we would love to stay with RCCL from a loyalty / points perspective.

Having a hard time deciding on next cruise, and would love any input from CC members. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Freedom and Adventure both have:

Suite pool area, with Adventure's being closer to the pool.

Suite restaurant for breakfast only. May have suite seating for Windjammer.

Concierge Lounge access.

Happy hour free drinks.

No free internet.

Sounds like you want to be in private areas much more then public areas on the ship. Go with NCL and stay in the Haven suites (newer ships). There you can have your private restaurant, private pool, and NCL gives all inclusive alcohol throughout the whole ship (for virtually everyone on board.) MSC also has the Yacht Club with is similar. They also block off seating for the shows. RCCL ships will offer more of some things, but not when it comes to the private stuff, they still tend to let the suite folks mingle with the average passengers in that capacity.

I have not sailed on Oasis class, but have sailed suite class on Liberty (sister to Freedom) and suite class on several NCL ships.

My experience sailing suite class on Liberty was "meh" compared to suite class on NCL. Other than the larger room and happy hour in the lounge (which was always extremely crowded), I never would have known I was a suite passenger. In my opinion (and again, not having sailed Oasis class), NCL does suites SO much better than Royal - even on its smallest ships, NCL makes suite passengers feel like royalty from the moment they enter the cruise port. That said, if I ever make the jump to Oasis class, I would give the suites another try - some of the rooms look amazing!