Fining back to back Viking Ocean cruises

Wants to cruise

Has anyone found a way to research Viking Ocean cruises either by ship or by port? Is there a way to know where the next segment goes? Example: If I get on the Star in port A and cruise to port B, How do I find where the Star goes next? Or, If I want to take the Midnight Sun cruise and I want to take the Great Britain Explorer, both arriving/departing London and Bergen how can I track the dates to see if I can link them? I'd like to do this before I talk to a PCC or TA.

You can do a manual check cruise by cruise but there are some travel sites that you can search but departure port and sort by month other cruise lines show up but so does Viking there is also cruise map site that you can track ships I think it's called cruise mapper

It would be an awesome tool for Viking to add to their website. I havent found an easy and clear path to do this.

That would be a great feature for the website. Viking could also offer a modest incentive for people to bookend 2 separate cruises.

Dear Vineyard View & philw1776,

Thanks for the ideas. We appreciate feedback from the Cruise Critic community and will be sure to consider your suggestions.

If you wish to expand on your comments, we would be happy to hear from you at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

That would be a great feature for the website. Viking could also offer a modest incentive for people to bookend 2 separate cruises.

It would be an awesome tool for Viking to add to their website. I havent found an easy and clear path to do this.

As Barnhand suggested the information is on Cruisemapper. Check out http://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Viking-Star-974#itineraries and click the itinerary button for the year you want. It is just above the "review and specifications" section a little down the page.

You can also use the list on the left of that page to go to Viking Cruses and from there to any of the Viking ships - both river and ocean.

However I think it would be great if Viking provided the same information directly on their own site. Lots of us are vicarious as well as actual travellers and it would be nice to see where "our" ship has been as well as where we are going. The Viking website is already better than most but wouldn't it be great to have an interactive world map added showing where all the Viking ships are and their planned routes for the coming months and years!

Edited by photopro2
Added link detail

I do take your point Peregrina, sadly I think that applies to some extent to most web sources on most subjects :(

As I said it would be great if Viking supplied the information directly themselves, hopefully they will look to developing that function on their website.

In the meantime, I still feel Cruise mapper is a place where Wants to Cruise can get a good idea of the way the cruises are likely to follow on from each other before confirming the movements with Viking or a TA.

Of course if anyone can suggest a more accurate and reliable source that would be helpful to us all!

As Barnhand suggested the information is on Cruisemapper. Check out http://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Viking-Star-974#itineraries and click the itinerary button for the year you want. It is just above the "review and specifications" section a little down the page.

You can also use the list on the left of that page to go to Viking Cruses and from there to any of the Viking ships - both river and ocean.

However I think it would be great if Viking provided the same information directly on their own site. Lots of us are vicarious as well as actual travellers and it would be nice to see where "our" ship has been as well as where we are going. The Viking website is already better than most but wouldn't it be great to have an interactive world map added showing where all the Viking ships are and their planned routes for the coming months and years!

And Thanks to Barnhand for pointing me in the right direction!!

Thank you Photopro2!! I really appreciate the info. It will help a lot and a quick check shows that I could do several back to backs that I have been dreaming about. Also to all who took a chance on what "Fining a cruise..." really meant and answering. I too hope that Viking Oceans will add a search capability to there web site so that we don't have to rely on 3d parties. Thanks again to all!

Edited by Wants to cruise
add data