Website update of final Payment

anniebea

We are due to sail on 15th June with Celebrity. I bookedthrough a UK Travel Agent and have paid the final balance on 15thMarch – however it’s not showing on the Celebrity website as being paid in full

I’m trying to chase up with the TA and Celebrity to find out where thehold up is.

From your experience how long after paying a TA would you expect theCelebrity Website to be updated to show the full payment?. I realise the TA mayhang on to the payment until the last minute.

Celebrity website sometimes takes until the following day to reflect final payment. Call you TA or Celebrity directly and get your updated account summary with zero balance emailed to you. We always take this on our cruise.

We paid our final balance last month for our June Celebrity cruise by using their website (as we had booked direct). It showed the balance due, I completed the payment only for the next screen to show a balance of a few hundred pounds still to be paid. I left it 24 hrs then called them. Somehow the cruise pricing had re-structuted itself when I had paid and the balance was apparently the gratuity element of the free drinks package. A supervisor had to re-price the cruise and then sent us a new invoice to confirm it was all paid for.

I had a similar experience with my upcoming cruise.I had made final payment in February for our cruise in May but when I tried to print my xpress pass I received a message saying I was missing some important information although I had completed all the relevant details.I contacted Celebrity by e mail who replied that they could not advise me of what was missing as I had booked through a TA but it turns out that although I had paid in February the monies were held by my TA till the last day of March when apparently the funds were due to be paid to Celebrity.It seems this is pretty much the norm for Travel agents now to make sure they have the funds in place way before the actual time the monies are due to the cruise company.

Hope this helps.

I had a similar experience with my upcoming cruise.I had made final payment in February for our cruise in May but when I tried to print my xpress pass I received a message saying I was missing some important information although I had completed all the relevant details.I contacted Celebrity by e mail who replied that they could not advise me of what was missing as I had booked through a TA but it turns out that although I had paid in February the monies were held by my TA till the last day of March when apparently the funds were due to be paid to Celebrity.It seems this is pretty much the norm for Travel agents now to make sure they have the funds in place way before the actual time the monies are due to the cruise company.

Hope this helps.

I think that's our position and I think out Travel Agent is doing the same.

Thanks

Anne