A couple of questions about excusions

Priya2

We have booked our first Azamara cruise. Am I right in my understanding that some excusions are included in the cost of the cruise (or did I dream up this notion)? I see on My Azamara that excursions are sold in the same way as other cruise lines. They are not available for each port yet. Our cruise is mid January 2018. How long before departure do you regulars book in order not to have the best sold out?

We have booked our first Azamara cruise. Am I right in my understanding that some excusions are included in the cost of the cruise (or did I dream up this notion)? I see on My Azamara that excursions are sold in the same way as other cruise lines. They are not available for each port yet. Our cruise is mid January 2018. How long before departure do you regulars book in order not to have the best sold out?

Welcome to the Azamara family. The only excursion included in your cost of the cruise is the Azamazing Evening which is held on cruises 7 nights or longer but not on Transatlantic Crossings. Whilst these are available to book online at $0.00 cost it is assumed you are attending until you otherwise cancel on board if you're not planning to attend. If you don't show up and haven't advised them there will be a cost added to your on board account. In regards to the Shore Excursions Brochures, it gets updated all the time so it pays to check regularly. In our 10 Azamara cruises we've never had one 'sold out' nor cancelled on board due to lack of numbers but I'm sure (and I've heard others report) it does happen. We've been able to swap okay whilst onboard too. There's a whole different tread on using your OBC for excursions etc. you might want to look there too. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll copy the link. It's up to you when you want to book your excursions but I think they close a few days before the cruise departs. My advice is if it's definitely a 'must do' shore excursion booking earlier is the better option.

Edited by aussie travel bird
Spelling

Thanks aussie travel bird. I must say this seems a very friendly area of the CC boards. Some of the other areas seem to attract some pretty hostile comments like " did you consider searching all of the old threads before posting this question"? :eek: And should probably recommend hard hats before visiting. I haven't been on the receiving end myself, but it's not nice to watch. Nice to be in this friendly section. I hope this is a flavour of Azamara in general :)

Thanks aussie travel bird. I must say this seems a very friendly area of the CC boards. Some of the other areas seem to attract some pretty hostile comments like " did you consider searching all of the old threads before posting this question"? :eek: And should probably recommend hard hats before visiting. I haven't been on the receiving end myself, but it's not nice to watch. Nice to be in this friendly section. I hope this is a flavour of Azamara in general :)

You are certainly correct there, you will find these boards and most of the people happy to share their information with cruisers new to Azamara. We have met many people through Cruise Critic over the years (particularly on roll calls) who have become onboard cruise friends who we've kept in touch with and have some subsequent cruises with. We call them and our onboard Officers, Staff and Crew our extended Azamara family. It's been a wonderful experience for us over the years and we're happy to 'spread the love'! As my grandfather told my dear mother as a child, and she passed onto us (and we to our children) chivalry costs you nothing. Enjoy you're Azamara experience.:)

You are certainly correct there, you will find these boards and most of the people happy to share their information with cruisers new to Azamara. We have met many people through Cruise Critic over the years (particularly on roll calls) who have become onboard cruise friends who we've kept in touch with and have some subsequent cruises with. We call them and our onboard Officers, Staff and Crew our extended Azamara family. It's been a wonderful experience for us over the years and we're happy to 'spread the love'! As my grandfather told my dear mother as a child, and she passed onto us (and we to our children) chivalry costs you nothing. Enjoy you're Azamara experience.:)

Totally agree both about the Azamara family and the Azamara boards on CC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums