Alaska cruise questions.

Charlie1422

We love Princess and are going on a NB one this May. We have cruised there in May, June and September and the weather has been good, rainy, hot and cold during all of them. Last May my boys were in shorts.. Who knows this year.

I would pick what looks best for the itinerary and the ship. Then pick the date...

Steps...

1. Line up a list of things you are most interested in seeing - wildlife, glaciers, history, food, scenery, waterfalls, activities, etc... prioritize it

2. Evaluate persons going and physical abilities

3. Look at the itineraries of the lines and see which best fit #1 and #2 - itinerary should be prime decider

4. Examine budget for excursions that fit the interests covered by the itinerary

5. Decide on R/T or one-way and evaluate airfare differences (open-jaw as well as R/T through Seattle or Vancouver)

6. Consider ship size - smaller ships can go where big ships can't but have fewer features - then again the scenery IS the feature on this type of cruise

7. When to go? Prices are lower at start and end of season but weather (generally) better May-July and there's more daylight

8. For when also consider any wildlife interests and their season(s) - bears, fish runs, whales, etc...

9. Consider pre/post cruise touristing in port city(s) - including cruises with land portion (usually one-ways) - but also Seattle and Vancouver for R/T routes

10. When the decision is finally made the researching begins in order to get the most out of the experience

Just my 2 cents. :)

Steps...

1. Line up a list of things you are most interested in seeing - wildlife, glaciers, history, food, scenery, waterfalls, activities, etc... prioritize it

2. Evaluate persons going and physical abilities

3. Look at the itineraries of the lines and see which best fit #1 and #2 - itinerary should be prime decider

4. Examine budget for excursions that fit the interests covered by the itinerary

5. Decide on R/T or one-way and evaluate airfare differences (open-jaw as well as R/T through Seattle or Vancouver)

6. Consider ship size - smaller ships can go where big ships can't but have fewer features - then again the scenery IS the feature on this type of cruise

7. When to go? Prices are lower at start and end of season but weather (generally) better May-July and there's more daylight

8. For when also consider any wildlife interests and their season(s) - bears, fish runs, whales, etc...

9. Consider pre/post cruise touristing in port city(s) - including cruises with land portion (usually one-ways) - but also Seattle and Vancouver for R/T routes

10. When the decision is finally made the researching begins in order to get the most out of the experience

Just my 2 cents. :)

Thank you for the great advice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

👍 Thanks, I will. Fairly new to CC.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Charlie 1422 gave you excellent advise.

Would suggest that you consider land/sea tour with land tour first.

We did this with HAL and it was FABULOUS. We started in Fairbanks and ended in Vancouver. Have also cruised with Princess and regard them highly but if you do the land sea, HAL's McKinley Express train is far superior and that day on the train will never be forgotten by us.

Have fun planning and I know you'll love your trip.