Things to be thankful for

Well I posted another question which I regret . I guess my first thing I am thankful for is that I am not a constant complainer that seeks out threads to put down other people !!

Even thou we have had our share of heartaches and losses this year , I am thankful that I was lucky enough to know the people we lost including my best friend Simmi our dog for many years , my dear sweet Uncle John , I will miss him so much , and our friend and neighbor who passed away a few days ago Ed . I am thankful for my little angels my daughters Holly and McKenna they were truely miracles and a real blessing . Many years ago I prayed for an angel and was given my dear husband . I was blessed when my parents adopted me and bought me into a wonderful wonderful family :)

Oh, I am thankful we are leaving in 7 days and our fortunate enough to be doing so . I wish we all had a chance in life like most of us here posting to be able to do things and see some of the world , many people can barely feed their family :( !!!!!

I am thankful I survived cancer this year and agian have fulkl eye brows and my hair is a inch and a half already and by the time we are on our crusie it will be anotehr inch and a half

enjoy and will look forwards to that and Life

What a perfect post!!! I am thankful everytime I hear someone has survivied cancer because I know many that are battling it now. CONGRATS TO YOU!!! I am also thankful that there are people in the world who realize just how fortunate they are to be as blessed as they are. I am truly blessed - we all are. No matter what any of us have been through in life, someone has been through something worse and someone has been luckier. I am thankful for all of the good and bad in my life, for without it, I would not be who I am today. :)

Cathy

Settingsail- I'm glad that you survived your relative flaming. You are right, we all have so much to be thankful for.

We should be thankful that we live in a world and at a standard that we are able to check posts from our cyberfriends often (weekly, daily, hourly??;) ) and have the ability to keep in touch!

We well - slow down - and enjoy the holidays!

Lovely post - I am so thankful for all my friends and family - A husband that even after 32 years of marriage is still the best thing that has ever happened in my life - my kids (14, 21, 22) who know exactly what buttons to push (both good and bad) they are the most amazing creatures that I have ever met - it has been both a joy and an honor to be their mother.

I'm also thankful for our "puppy" of 13 years, she affectionately is known as the "dork dog" - she is going blind, has a hard time walking down stairs, but as soon as she hears the sound of her leash or sees another dog she's a puppy all over again.

This has been a difficult year for us in a lot of ways, but not as difficult as for many others and my heart goes out to all - Blessings to all - Jan

CONGRATULATIONS Silverval , I hope you stay well !! :) I guess I will stop complaining about bad hair days and just be thankful !!!

yes you re soo right the other day after I towell dried my hair I went to work, (I ve been back to work full time 2weeks now) I have enough hair now to have a bad hair day, ,my hair was sticking straigh up, its soo greta to be able to have a bad hair day lol

I was soo relieved that last winter they finally found what had been causing the pain and other symtoms, thank goodness

yes I sure hope myself and otehrs stay in remission

I am soo glad we are still going on a crusie to any where, due to my being off work 8 months, we cancelled the cruise out of the carribbean, and now going out of Los Angeles, saving a lot of money, but its our third time there but Im soo glad to be still on a cruise jan 29 here we come Val

I couldn't agree more. We all have much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my good health (continued recovery to you ,Val) and that of my DH. Also, for my children and the 5 beautiful grandchildren they have given us. To all the above posters and all of Cruisecritic--HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Well I posted another question which I regret . I guess my first thing I am thankful for is that I am not a constant complainer that seeks out threads to put down other people !!

Even thou we have had our share of heartaches and losses this year , I am thankful that I was lucky enough to know the people we lost including my best friend Simmi our dog for many years , my dear sweet Uncle John , I will miss him so much , and our friend and neighbor who passed away a few days ago Ed . I am thankful for my little angels my daughters Holly and McKenna they were truely miracles and a real blessing . Many years ago I prayed for an angel and was given my dear husband . I was blessed when my parents adopted me and bought me into a wonderful wonderful family :)

Oh, I am thankful we are leaving in 7 days and our fortunate enough to be doing so . I wish we all had a chance in life like most of us here posting to be able to do things and see some of the world , many people can barely feed their family :( !!!!!

You are blessed because your parents adopted you and I am blessed because God allowed us to adopt 2 or our 3 children. All of our kids are grown with children of their own and all are good Americans and good adults. Of course we are thankful for our health, thankful for our friends, our life in NM but most of all we are give thanks to God that we are Americans and free to live the life we want. NMNita

SS - thanks for starting this post. I just had a birthday Friday, and my first reaction was to think of the regrets I have. I stopped myself and started thinking of everything that has gone right in my life. I have family and friends that really love me and want to be with me. Although I'm not rich, I have plenty of food and a lovely home. I can do the things I want to do. I have the freedom to voice my opinion. I have so many opportunities that other people around the world don't have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I was one of those people that could not afford to feed my family,could not get away from being beaten by my ex husband,that had to go to the food bank for a meal every week,lost my first house,and nearly lost my life due to domestic violence.

I am very thankful for each day I have.

For getting myself and my kids away from my exhusband alive

For the police officer with the Winnipeg police Service(const.Dizver) for coming to my rescue.

But most of all I am thankful for the strength I was given by my new DH who puts up with me being jumpy,for taking me to my first Judo class and forcing me to face my biggest fear( throwing the whole class,:eek: all men I might add), and for understanding what it is like to be a survivor and not a victim.

Thank you to the OP for starting this thing I wish more writers would look at things from a gratitude kind of light than a complainers side.If we put all the energy into being thankful think how awesome the praise would be!!!

There are so many things to be thankful for. One, that I am still alive and able to go on cruises. I am more thankful that my dad who is 92 is still alive and well and he goes with us on most of them.

I feel blessed that we live in a country where we can speak our minds even if others don't agree with us. I am thankful that there are so many people in the US that have cancer and other major problems that are surviving.

Wow, I guess I am just thankful for living.

Katie

I'm thankful for my family and friends, our health, the opportunities I've had in my life to pursue education, travel, and to help others. There is an e-mail floating around out there that is a wish from the sender that the recipients have "enough" in their life. Be it love, money, freedom, peace, happiness, wellness, luck or grace, I am thankful that I and the people I love have "enough". I hope that each of you do, too, and that we all express our gratitude at having enough by helping make sure others less fortunate have "enough" as well.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I am thankful my 48 year old sister is still alive. About 2 weeks ago she went to the Occupational Department of her local hospital for an employment physical. She was in the middle of answering all of their health history questions, when the tech realized my sister was not responding anymore. Peggy's heart had stopped for no apparent reason. There was no warning whatsoever! The tech called a code and the ER staff from across the hall responded immediately. They were able to revive her with in minutes, and believe it or not, she came home 2 days later.

Some people say she is lucky. I don't think luck had anything to do with it. God put her in just the right place at the right time so she would have the help she needed to survive. He must have special plans for my sister.

I am thankful for a phone call out of the blue that a baby needed a home and would we take him. I am thankful for the parents I had and lost at an early age who gave me the courage to go on when they passed on. I am thankful for a good education and a job that I can go to even though I complain. I am thankful for a husband who is a good man. I am thankful for my friends and family. I am thankful for my friends who have gone through horrible life events and have called me to comfort them. I am thankful for this post that made me stop and think. To all suffering my family and I pray for you. Have a happy Thanksgiving and support our troops throughout the world.

I am most thankful for my wonderful DH, 4 children, 3 in-law children, 4 grandchildren (and one on the way in the next few days), the parents that adopted me into their lives and gave me lots of love, the job that I sometimes wish I didn't have to go to but am thankful to have, friends, a safe home and all of the wonderful freedom that we have in this great county. My SIL is fighting for those freedoms in Africa right now (he will be missing the birth of his first child in the next few days). I pray for his safety as well as all of the men and women in uniform that are protecting the things in life that we hold dear. I am also thankful for the opportunity to travel and see the beauty and wonder of this world and meet beautiful people from all walks of life. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Where I work, I occasionally see homeless people walking by. I've never seen that at any other place where I've worked. They make me remember to be thankful for what we have. We have a roof over our head, food, we're safe and warm in our home, we have our health, we're both working and most of all, we've lost no family or friends this last year. Of course, there are other things, but these are most important.

I have to say that I am so happy to see everyone out there that realizes how much they have :) , I think a little disappointment would be how many times this was viewed and many had nothing to say , there must be something . So many of these posts made me believe there is still alot of good out there and we are not all for ourselves . I commended everyone that has pulled through tough times and made it through .

I myself didn't want to post this but I am very nervous about a mamogram that I had six months ago , I am going back right after our cruise to have it looked at again they didn't tell me much at the time but took many many xrays , even had me come back after the first 6 they took , they took 4 more then put some sort of bullet thing on and took more pictures . I guess I am thankful that if it is something they may find it early .I am optimistic that is is nothing at all .

I read many posts about our troops and we certainly cannot forget them and the familiys that are really missing their children . I cannot imagine have my girls in harms way at any age !!!You are strong people and a gift to us all .

Oh the job thing , well ? have to think about that one HEHE

My turn...

I am thankful for my health and the health of my family.

I am thankful for the wonderful husband I have who has provided me and my daughter with everything we could possible need or want.

I am thankful for my true friends who love me even when I am a pain

I am thankful for my job where I can help the elderly and feel good about doing what I do.

I am thankful I live in a place that there are trees and geese and dirt and wild animals and even the farm animals holding up traffic on the road

I am thankful that I have a beautiful healthy smart daughter even if she is driving me crazy (thay say I will survive the teenage years;) )

Be well all and have a wonderful holiday season!

MAO

Archived