Steak House

I have heard you get a free bottle of wine with a reservation at the steak house on the first night. My question is, do i need to wait until we board to make a reservation or can I make one online and still get the free bottle?

We cruise on the Breeze on August 27th.

And, a free bottle of wine was also available on the first Gala Night on Carnival Liberty. (Although that was the only one Gala Night that we had.)

Don't forget that one may select any other bottle of wine on their wine list for 50% off and more than one such bottle can be ordered and taken with you, if you so choose. (I'm not sure this option is available if you accept the "free" bottle, however.)

And, a free bottle of wine was also available on the first Gala Night on Carnival Liberty. (Although that was the only one Gala Night that we had.)

Don't forget that one may select any other bottle of wine on their wine list for 50% off and more than one such bottle can be ordered and taken with you, if you so choose. (I'm not sure this option is available if you accept the "free" bottle, however.)

Thanks for the info!!

Yes, cruise casual dress is very appropriate. Any gentlemen in your party might find that they are more comfortable with an open neck shirt and a sport coat. But, surely, it is not necessary.

Enjoy the steakhouse! From a service and cuisine point of view, it exceeds HAL's Pinnacle Grill.

Great info

I definitely want to try for this first night bottle.

But given its the first night how strict are they with the dress-code??

On the first night, as with every night in the steakhouse, you need to wear pants. You can get away with shorts in the MDR every night except for cruise elegant nights, where pants and a collared shirt are suitable.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

A collared shirt and long pants for men are fine for any night in the Steakhouse. As far as the wine goes the 50% off any wine on the list is a much better deal than the free bottle of wine. The free wine that is offered as free would be a $10 bottle of wine in a restaurant on land, Which translates to a $2.50-$3.00 bottle cost to Carnival. Not saying that you will not enjoy the free bottle of wine but 50% off a different bottle of wine that you enjoy more would in my opinion would be better deal.

On the Breeze in January, the free bottle of red was Santa Carolina from Chile. Not great but drinkable. They wanted to limit it to one bottle per table (we were with two other people) but we pushed to get the free bottle for the other two diners. The manager said, "Out of the goodness of my heart, I will let you have another bottle of wine." Kinda crazy. What if we had been at a table of 8?