Anyone ordered the celebration packages lately?

SusieV

I haven't booked a package in about ten years, back when they were serving Perrier Jouet champagne.

I'm going to ask my partner to marry me on the May 5 sailing of Equinox and I am considering ordering the Premium celebration package. I'm just looking at the cost and wondering, is the Dom Perignon a vintage or a Brut? (I'm not even sure they make a Dom brut?). The price seems very good if it's a vintage bottle.

Thanks!

For the ultimate indulgence, start off the morning with breakfast in your stateroom complete with mimosas, reservations for two at one of the chic specialty restaurants on board, and a personalized cake (choose from 5 different cakes).

Later, in the evening, we’ll deliver a dozen beautiful red roses, a bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne, and a dozen chocolate-dipped strawberries.

Price : $249.00 USD*

Item number : C003

Thanks- I didn't think that Dom had a brut but I didn't want an unpleasant surprise. We had it happen in the early 2000s that I ordered a package with a previous partner that stated "Perrier Jouet" and had a pic of the vintage but they delivered the Brut. It was a similar issue in terms of odd pricing, as well.

This is what concerned me:

Cuvee Dom Perignon, Vintage

Price : $222.00 USD*

So apparently for $27, you get dinner for two at a specialty, a dozen roses, a dozen chocolate covered strawberries, a mimosa room service breakfast, and a cake. Seems like quite the deal to me!

I printed out both my order form and the sheet that says what you get, so hopefully it'll all be okay!

Even if the champagne was non vintage you appear to be getting a great deal. A bottle of NV champagne will retail at around $60.00. Two meals in Murano $100, a dozen roses $60,00 dozen choc strawberries $30 drinks for breakfast $20. DP can be purchased at least in our local supermarket for around $170. I have converted dollars to US . There is a profit margin in it for Celebrity but if you do get DP instead Perrier Jouet you will be well ahead beside you aren't going to do this every day

I too have booked this package for our upcoming EU Reflection cruise. I thought it was a great deal so I ordered thinking the Dom would be a vintage. However, on our spring Reflection cruise I spotted a Dom non-vintage for about $60 in the duty free (or another wine seller onboard). Then a few days ago I saw the same in a local supermarket also for $60. I expect to get a non-vintage now. It is still a well priced package though.

I hope it goes to plan for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The cost of a 2006 DP vintage is roughly $135 in New York.

Also, the experience I have had with Celebrity packages is that they rarely deliver as advertised or as pictured. They really fall down on the job here.

You are perhaps better off trying to make your own arrangements. Bring your own bottle on board and then chill it. make your own specialty restaurant arrangements. Order the strawberries for delivery on board.or bring your own box of gourmet chocolates on board. Order the flowers ahead of time.

Also, the experience I have had with Celebrity packages is that they rarely deliver as advertised or as pictured. They really fall down on the job here.

You are perhaps better off trying to make your own arrangements. Bring your own bottle on board and then chill it. make your own specialty restaurant arrangements. Order the strawberries for delivery on board.or bring your own box of gourmet chocolates on board. Order the flowers ahead of time.

I agree. Have tried it twice in 2 years, 2 different ships and both were disappointing.

I considered that, but DP here in Ontario is considerably more expensive, and I'm worried about flying with it.

I am hoping to go to Guest Relations on embarkation day to try and make sure everything is sorted correctly. Maybe that will put the odds in my favour.

What kind of screwups have people experienced? I've only had the issue with the incorrect bottle of champagne in the past. The packages have changed since the last time I ordered- I remember there used to be two kinds, each with three packages.

Thanks for the heads up. Was considering surprising DH with an early Anniversary celebration, the real Anniversary is in the middle of June. I've already booked a nice specialty dinner, and we don't really need a whole cake for just the two of us. I'm sure I can easily bring a bottle of bubbly we will like, maybe order the strawberries, and get the nice ( read "upcharge") cheese plate from room service. Still thinking we may order flowers, I hope they are nice. Thanks!

I haven't booked a package in about ten years, back when they were serving Perrier Jouet champagne.

I'm going to ask my partner to marry me on the May 5 sailing of Equinox and I am considering ordering the Premium celebration package. I'm just looking at the cost and wondering, is the Dom Perignon a vintage or a Brut? (I'm not even sure they make a Dom brut?). The price seems very good if it's a vintage bottle.

Thanks!

For the ultimate indulgence, start off the morning with breakfast in your stateroom complete with mimosas, reservations for two at one of the chic specialty restaurants on board, and a personalized cake (choose from 5 different cakes).

Later, in the evening, we’ll deliver a dozen beautiful red roses, a bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne, and a dozen chocolate-dipped strawberries.

Price : $249.00 USD*

Please let me know how it is, I'm considering ordering this package for our 40th anniversary on the December 2017 cruise, thanx.

I ordered this in November on our 2 week Eclipse cruise, the Dom was 2006. I surprise DW with the package for a special occasion, although I don't think I would order it again, it was exactly as promised and I thought good value.

Robert

Yes if everything is given as promoted it would be great. My daughter got us the package for us for Christmas. They brought a cake, strawberries, roses and Dom. No card, no dinner reservations and no breakfast. Had no idea what is was all about until we were driving home and daughter called to ask how the cruise was.

Please let me know how it is, I'm considering ordering this package for our 40th anniversary on the December 2017 cruise, thanx.

I will write about it when I do my post cruise review.

I'm assuming I'll have to interact with Guest Relations anyway since the online ordering did not allow me to specify which kind of cake. But when I checked the cake section of Gifts, it looked like the right number so I am going to ask for the tiramisu. My partner is allergic to nuts so that rules out half the options off the top.

I was wondering how they do the mimosa breakfast. Guess that will be a thing to ask about as well. We will have the drink package but I know that generally is not for room service.

We already have a dining package but one more won't hurt :)