Questions about Paradise/Carnival

ozzy77

Ok so I know nothing about Carnival, but this week we are going to book a cruise YAY! Money has been the issue so booking Paradise is within the budget(yes i have read the reviews and know not to expect anything extravagant). What free restraunts/deli are on the ship? Is room service free? Is there ice cream on the pool deck(my husband needs to know lol). This will be the first cruises with our son who will be 9 so how does camp carnival work? If they need to find us how do they do that? Thank you...im sure i will think of more lol

Almost everything onboard is free.

Almost all food venues are free, including MDR, ice cream, Deli, Buffet and the outdoor buffet lines.

MDR has hard pack ice cream, buffet has soft serve.

Extra fees for-

-Coffee shop on the Promenade (do splurge on the Carrot Cake, under $3)

-steakhouse entree in the MDR

-Chef's Table

-some Room Service items (tip the waiter)

The camp will have you paged if there's an issue with your child. DDtheOlder had a camp incident while we were at dinner, the MD came to our table.

Ok so I know nothing about Carnival, but this week we are going to book a cruise YAY! Money has been the issue so booking Paradise is within the budget(yes i have read the reviews and know not to expect anything extravagant). What free restraunts/deli are on the ship? Is room service free? Is there ice cream on the pool deck(my husband needs to know lol). This will be the first cruises with our son who will be 9 so how does camp carnival work? If they need to find us how do they do that? Thank you...im sure i will think of more lol

What you will find is that Paradise is not all that bad . Entertainment was the best I have experienced on any ship. Plenty of room in the Comedy club whereas you will feel packed on some of the larger ships ,Sunshine comes to mind. Food is ship food to me ,eatable in the least. Most people find something they like.

We are booked on the Paradise for May 22nd :D This will be our first Cruise for our kiddo's (10yo and 9yo). To me the experience is what you make it. Obviously you know when booking this ship that it's not one of the newer ships and may need a few updates, but that's not going to stop us from enjoying every second of it! I understand cruising on a budget..we did that the last time we cruised. We aren't drinkers so didn't have to worry about the Cheers package. We didn't have any eating expenses on the boat. We were completely satisfied with all the "free" food...the lido deck, MDR, buffets, etc. So in the MDR we didn't realize for a few nights that you can order as many entree's, desserts, etc..that you want. So if the menu is say chicken or steak that night, heck you can get both. If there is a cost for something on the menu then there will be a $ marking the item. I found it was cheaper to book our excursions on our own rather than going through Carnival. I was just sure to do research on the Company before booking to excursions to make sure everything was legit, refundable in case boat didn't make it into Port, etc. So that's another way to save a few bucks. You hubby can get soft serve ice cream 24/7 ;) On the room service menu it is marked the items that are no charge, then anything that costs has the $ letting you know. Not sure if your 9yo has a phone...but once on board you can pay $5 per device and be able to text with other's on the boat that have the Carnival hub app. So that's how we are going to communicate with our 10yo when he is doing the Kids Camp activity so we know when he's checking out and can tell him where we are. Hope this helps you a little...Have a great time :cool:

We are booked on the Paradise for May 22nd :D This will be our first Cruise for our kiddo's (10yo and 9yo). To me the experience is what you make it. Obviously you know when booking this ship that it's not one of the newer ships and may need a few updates, but that's not going to stop us from enjoying every second of it! I understand cruising on a budget..we did that the last time we cruised. We aren't drinkers so didn't have to worry about the Cheers package. We didn't have any eating expenses on the boat. We were completely satisfied with all the "free" food...the lido deck, MDR, buffets, etc. So in the MDR we didn't realize for a few nights that you can order as many entree's, desserts, etc..that you want. So if the menu is say chicken or steak that night, heck you can get both. If there is a cost for something on the menu then there will be a $ marking the item. I found it was cheaper to book our excursions on our own rather than going through Carnival. I was just sure to do research on the Company before booking to excursions to make sure everything was legit, refundable in case boat didn't make it into Port, etc. So that's another way to save a few bucks. You hubby can get soft serve ice cream 24/7 ;) On the room service menu it is marked the items that are no charge, then anything that costs has the $ letting you know. Not sure if your 9yo has a phone...but once on board you can pay $5 per device and be able to text with other's on the boat that have the Carnival hub app. So that's how we are going to communicate with our 10yo when he is doing the Kids Camp activity so we know when he's checking out and can tell him where we are. Hope this helps you a little...Have a great time :cool:

THANKS! We are going to book it tomorrow! I agree about a cruise is what you make of it...if i have a drink in my hand and the sun on my face its a good cruise to me❣

As above, even the older ships offer a great experience. Just go in not expecting to be on the newest mega liner an have a good time. They are budget friendly so you have more money to highlight other areas of the trip.

As above, even the older ships offer a great experience. Just go in not expecting to be on the newest mega liner an have a good time. They are budget friendly so you have more money to highlight other areas of the trip.[/quote

My previous cruises were on smaller/older no bellls or whistle ships as well so I figure it will be comparable to these and we had a blast