Have you used the kids programs?

aflyingbuttress

We're thinking of bringing our 5 year old on one of the Solstice class ships. Their website leaves me with questions.

I see the hours for Fun Factory are from 9AM to 10PM every day. Can you drop them off and pick up at any time? Are their periods when they can't be there? For the Kids Camp at Sea, are these just one off activities you can go to or is it a whole separate program that you drop off for? Basically, I just want to know how it works.

Hi

Our 5 year old daughter sailed with us on Equinox last year. She loved the Fun Factory and is very much looking forward to going again this year.

I see the hours for Fun Factory are from 9AM to 10PM every day. Can you drop them off and pick up at any time? Yes you can. You do need to pay however if they are there after hours and also I think during lunch & dinner times. The cost last year was $6 for every hour after 10pm.

Are their periods when they can't be there? No although they do recommend that you take them out for lunch/dinner or at least not leave them there all day every day.

For the Kids Camp at Sea, are these just one off activities you can go to or is it a whole separate program that you drop off for? - I am not sure what this refers to I'm afraid.

We joined our daughter up on the very first day. She made some great friends and there were loads of different activities such as bracelet making, arts and crafts etc. They had some theme events too - like pirates - that was great fun. They had a family activity every day also so we could join in the fun with family bingo and a family disco. At the end of the cruise they even had a talent show.

Hope this helps!

Aoife

Wow! That sounds great. Yes, that is super helpful. We really enjoy vacationing with our daughter so I'm definitely not looking to drop her off all day. Just for some flexibility.

We went on a carnival cruis in October 2015 and the kids program was pretty terrible. It's been a while but I remember finding we could only drop her off during a two hour period in the morning and then had to pick her up. Then the same in the afternoon and had to pick her up. We didn't have one opportunity during the whole cruise to enjoy a consecutive 3-4 hours of sunshine by ourselves as adults. By the time we dropped her off and walked to the other end of the ship, waited through bar lines to grab a drink, scouted chairs by the pool, and settled in, we had about an hour left before we had to get back up again and go get her. It was super frustrating.

I absolutely want some stuff to do as a family, but Celebrity appeals to me because it give us a chance to have some time alone as well. And honestly, we don't do that at home. We have no babysitters and never have date night or anything.

Hi

Our 5 year old daughter sailed with us on Equinox last year. She loved the Fun Factory and is very much looking forward to going again this year.

I see the hours for Fun Factory are from 9AM to 10PM every day. Can you drop them off and pick up at any time? Yes you can. You do need to pay however if they are there after hours and also I think during lunch & dinner times. The cost last year was $6 for every hour after 10pm.

Are their periods when they can't be there? No although they do recommend that you take them out for lunch/dinner or at least not leave them there all day every day.

For the Kids Camp at Sea, are these just one off activities you can go to or is it a whole separate program that you drop off for? - I am not sure what this refers to I'm afraid.

We joined our daughter up on the very first day. She made some great friends and there were loads of different activities such as bracelet making, arts and crafts etc. They had some theme events too - like pirates - that was great fun. They had a family activity every day also so we could join in the fun with family bingo and a family disco. At the end of the cruise they even had a talent show.

Hope this helps!

Aoife

Wow! That sounds great. Yes, that is super helpful. We really enjoy vacationing with our daughter so I'm definitely not looking to drop her off all day. Just for some flexibility.

We went on a carnival cruis in October 2015 and the kids program was pretty terrible. It's been a while but I remember finding we could only drop her off during a two hour period in the morning and then had to pick her up. Then the same in the afternoon and had to pick her up. We didn't have one opportunity during the whole cruise to enjoy a consecutive 3-4 hours of sunshine by ourselves as adults. By the time we dropped her off and walked to the other end of the ship, waited through bar lines to grab a drink, scouted chairs by the pool, and settled in, we had about an hour left before we had to get back up again and go get her. It was super frustrating.

I absolutely want some stuff to do as a family, but Celebrity appeals to me because it give us a chance to have some time alone as well. And honestly, we don't do that at home. We have no babysitters and never have date night or anything.

You can have a date night if you wish. Celebrity has a slumber party for the kids in the evenings from 10 to around 1 or so. You pay extra for that but my kids loved it when they were little. They would usually just have a movie night and the kids would fall asleep, you come and get them and go back to the room when ready. Just another option.

We're thinking of bringing our 5 year old on one of the Solstice class ships. Their website leaves me with questions.

I see the hours for Fun Factory are from 9AM to 10PM every day. Can you drop them off and pick up at any time? Are their periods when they can't be there? For the Kids Camp at Sea, are these just one off activities you can go to or is it a whole separate program that you drop off for? Basically, I just want to know how it works.

We just got off the Silhouette on Sunday. I have a 5 and 6 year old. This was their 7th cruise, and as usual they LOVED the fun factory. Even my 6 year old who always has fun there, but in the past rarely asked to go was continually asking to be able to go.

It's really a great program.

What is the cost for the Fun Factory?

Free, except for Lunch (12-2), Dinner (5-7) and after 10PM.

My kids love the club . Drop them at 9 pick em up for lunch take them back if they want to .... pick em up at five - have family dinner - drop them back if they want to and no show on ! Till up to ten pm

You Can pick up / drop off at any time , there's a charge if you want them to have lunch / dinner . We didn't do that unless they stayed on board whilst we were on an excursion . The staff are ace , and the kids adore them . They do shows , quizzes , scavenger hunts for the 9 plus kids , it's great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My kids love the club . Drop them at 9 pick em up for lunch take them back if they want to .... pick em up at five - have family dinner - drop them back if they want to and no show on ! Till up to ten pm

That's our schedule too. And yes, the kids LOVE it.

That's our schedule too. And yes, the kids LOVE it.

It does make me laugh though ... we always ' give them the option ' after meals ... unless they want to go to the pool they always want to go to the club .

Last year my daughter made some lovely friends from all over and is still in touch with some . It's a great way for them to interact with different nationalities too .

We are sailing again in August and that the thing they are looking forward to the most .

That sounds really nice. What about activities outside of the club? Other than swimming, is there stuff for the whole family to do?

Yes they have quite a few activities all the family can do .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just back from reflection with my 9 and 8 year old, they chose when they wanted to go to club ( plus a few suggested evenings so we could have date night :-) ) other times they played in pool with friends. After 10 it's 6 dollars per hour which we used twice for an hour. The staff were amazing, and it was great to drop in and out as the kids pleased. We enjoy spending time as a family on holiday as due to work schedules this isn't always possible at home and I felt the club gave that opportunity. Many nights our kids went for an hour and a half pre dinner then came for dinner with us. After a week at Disney and universal then a cruise all they talk about is their epic cruise and ask when the next one is!

Do they cater for kids that don't speak English?

I don't expect them to speak Dutch, but can they handle situations where the child (3 years old) doesn't understand English?

I'm sure this happens all the time.

We would appreciate some down-time to enjoy the solarium or to go on a date night to a specialty restaurant.

Do they cater for kids that don't speak English?

I don't expect them to speak Dutch, but can they handle situations where the child (3 years old) doesn't understand English?

I'm sure this happens all the time.

We would appreciate some down-time to enjoy the solarium or to go on a date night to a specialty restaurant.

Yes they do

Thank you for this post and the great replies! We sail on Summit in 2 weeks, this will be our first cruise with kids so we have been curious about how it works too.

Well you will all have a fabulous time . All of you , it's great fir a bit of me time ( because even though kids are our lives it's so great to reconnect with your significant other occasionally )

The clubs are structured so well they will be so entertained , what we did on nights we wanted to have ' date night ' at one of the restaurants , was to always book it for 7.30 - 8 so you've got plenty of time to feed the ' littles ' at the buffet , pop them to the kiddy club and then change and go to dinner with no worries ....

I hope you have a magical time , we have to wait till August !!

Make sure that you do not go expecting baby sitting services. If you child is old enough for the kids club then you will be fine.

Our last cruise one couple came with what looked to be a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. They thought they'd easily have sitter service. Didn't work out as the ship must have two certified sitters available - which they did not due to a maximum 10 hr work day. This caused problems for the couple and the ship.

Make sure that you do not go expecting baby sitting services. If you child is old enough for the kids club then you will be fine.

Our last cruise one couple came with what looked to be a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. They thought they'd easily have sitter service. Didn't work out as the ship must have two certified sitters available - which they did not due to a maximum 10 hr work day. This caused problems for the couple and the ship.

Yes totally agree . Babysitter's are very few and far between